Chapter ##: For a tomorrow without regrets (4)

***

The wind's whispers that were felt can be likened to that of a lullaby, contrary to the dreary weather outside the inn.

I have no clue as to where this soft breeze came from or how it managed to die down the storm's cries.

Yet I greet it with an utmost welcome as I can rest easy for a while even in face of a fierce storm.

.

.

.

.

Thereafter I recall numerous times of myself waking up from slumber, remembering my reasons for this journey.

'I need to face the morning dew as we have to keep on our sojourn. I have troubled Wanderer far too much....'

Yet even if I try to convince myself to...I couldn't, as I felt weak and thus cannot prompt my body to drive action.

Then I felt movement with my hearing as it was then blocked by something soft yet warm to the touch...as if saying it was fine to rest a bit more.

With that, the soft winds whispered me a lullaby....

....

...

It seems that I am down with a fever as I can't bring myself to open my eyes.

My senses felt stronger yet somehow lost...

I could hear everything, the birds' cries for shelter, the laughter of people residing in the inn, the shouts of the rain and....

A tumultuous yet soft breeze...seems to pass by as if it were continuously whispering a melodious poem that one can't help but feel its compelling presence.

The soft breeze was then accompanied by a familiar smell of tea, flavored by the savory scent of unagi that one can't help but not resist.

The scent grew closer thus before I realized it, the appetizing smell was right before me.

I could feel my eyes open as my vision scoured the surroundings in a haze and then thus landed to the dish presented before me.

A beautifully presented Unagi Chazuke was all that my vision could garner as the surroundings blurred and distorted.

I could feel my consciousness fading bit by bit as a familiar figure offered me a spoonful of the appetizing dish.

Beautifully presented as it is, so did its taste felt masterfully made.

~~~~~~~~~

A dreamlike rest and a wonderful dish... 

Comfortable, as if it were a fulfilled wish....

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~

One couldn't help but feel that it is a scenery likened to that of a bake-danuki's prank.

Yet rational as I may try to be, selfish thoughts soon entered my mind like that of a crashing wave leading to a conclusion... 

'Maybe it's alright for just a bit longer.....'

As so, I surrendered to my senses and all faded to a blank as the shrill shouts of the rain slowly began to cease.

....

...

Awoken by nature's sounds, from a fair distance the birdsong could be heard thus signals the welcoming of a new day.