Chapter 9: Vision (6)

***

As soon as we entered the forest, the change in humidity was evident. 

The sunset sands were replaced with varying shades of greenery.

After some distance of travel, changes in the temperature were beginning to make appearance.

"We must make haste and find shelter immediately, a heavy rain is soon to come" I judge as so and began to look for a place to take shelter from the upcoming rainfall.

"I have noticed this before, how exactly are you so sure of these things" My savior asked skeptically as he looked confused.

"This rainforest is humid but the more time we spent the more the humidity seems to increase and...."

I stuck my tongue out to check making my savior look more visibly confused.

"It has this rather gloomy yet happy feeling... it's a bit hard to describe, forgive me if you couldn't understand my hasty explanation."

"..." My savior was silent as if to contemplate deeply.

"But if you do prefer to traverse while the drizzling rain is pouring, I don't mind in following your decision as so... but it would be best to dry our clothes right after the rain clears"

"....no, let's find shelter and wait for it to clear up"

"Alright" I smiled and led my savior by the hand, towards a shelter I have earlier spotted.

"You- Haa... never mind"

As soon as we got inside the hollow tree, the rain started to fall on cue.

"We should rest here for a bit and continue on."

"Haa...Nothing good comes from delaying this problem..."

"I really do apologize"

"Apology this and that, when will you stop."

"My apo- Ah... understood."

"... I need to clear my head." Tilting his hat, I couldn't see his expression as he made his way towards the exit of this hollow tree.

"Let me come with you-"

I hastily stood as I tried to catch up to him, but my savior had already went out of the exit and swiftly disappeared into the rain before I could even suggest to accompany him.

As I turn towards the shelter, I noticed a creature that seems to be living in this abode.

"Pardon me, is this place perchance your dwelling?" I approached the flower (?) like creature that was busy staring at a Padisarah flower, if I am not mistaken.

"Wahhhh!!" The little flower (?) now surrounded in a green barrier was shaking.

"What now?!" My savior rushed backed as soon as he heard the startled voice of the little flower (?) and felt the vibrant energy that is now flowing from the little flower's (?) body.

....

...

They seemed to be called Aranara, they are apparently the little woodland creatures of this forest or as my savior described them as.

"Red Nara scared Aranara, Nara appeared and vanished! And appeared!"

"Hmm.... Can you please clarify?"

"Claw? Read Pie? Aranara doesn't know a claw read pie..."

"The samurai means, that you should explain more about it."

"Samurai?"

"Him, that red Nara or as you call him as, is a samurai" My savior said in slight irritation as he pointed towards me.

"Oh! Red Nara is samurai!"

"So could you please explain it more?" I then asked politely so as to not scare the Aranara again.

"It's tough to say.... Nara feels to be there, at the same time not there..."