Chapter 11: Sabzeruz Festival (1)

Finally making it towards the center of Sumeru City, we soon entered a place called 'Sanctuary of Surasthana.'

"Buer, I know you're there. You have been shamelessly watching as we entered the desert."

"Haha, welcome back and also welcome to you too" A girl in green clothing greeted, her demeanor was like that of an adult contrary to her childlike appearance.

She must be the Dendro Archon...

"Done? Then hurry up and solve this samurai's problem. I need to find new materials so discuss without me" He said as he made his way towards the other end of the room.

"Greetings to the Dendro Archon"

"No need to be so stiff, I actually wanted to thank you for looking after him"

"Rather than I looking after him, it was mostly the other way around. So I should be the one grateful."

"Haha, you are as I have seen you as. Now regarding this situation, may I see your Vision?"

"Yes, please do so" I handed over my Vision to the Dendro Archon.

"I see, but I'm afraid that there had been a slight problem in Irminsul. As soon as I fix it I will try to find an answer immediately." 

She said while observing my Vision on her hands closely with intrigued eyes, carefully handling it as she glided her fingers along the persisting crack.

"Irminsul?" Curious, I voiced out my question.

"It is the repository for all of the information and memories of Teyvat, you could think of it like that of a Kamera." She then handed over my Vision and proceeded to explain.

"The capturing device used in Fontaine.... I see." I nodded in understanding as I can't bring myself to pry into the matter any further.

"It would take some time to find and fix the problem. But, I suggest that while I do so, you should both head to the Anemo archon"

"The Anemo archon..." I heard my savior whisper as if he grew a slight interest in the topic. 

Thus prompting me to make a conclusion out loud. 

"I see, as the Anemo archon is one of the oldest Gods they may have a clue on how to fix a Vision"

"Yes, perhaps the travel would also help in something else aside from the Vision getting fixed"

With a knowing look present on her face, the Dendro archon smiled and turned to look at my savior or rather Wanderer... as Lesser lord Kusanali calls him as such.

Noticing the gaze, Wanderer quickly headed towards us.

"We should go right now, the faster we get this done the faster I can finish my report."

"Report?"

"I was doing a report up until you decided to drag me along and crash the aircraft I was using."

"Yes, I am reflecting on my shortcomings, it is not my intention to drag along others in my problems"

"Wanderer is a student at the Akademiya, he was doing a report in Vahumana. He is also known as hat guy"

".... It was you who so graciously gave me that tacky name."

"Hehe, you should both leave tomorrow. After all there is a festival today, you will stay for a bit right?"

".... Fine" He turned to me for a bit seemingly asking for my opinion, I smiled at him and he smirked back as he seems to have understood my intention.

.....

...

Night dawned upon the bustling city of Sumeru, the lantern decorations plastered onto the streets illuminated the entirety of it all.

A parade was held, as people throw flowers onto the cleared path of the street a carriage decorated with white flowers entered into view.

Beyond there was the Dendro Archon riding a carriage of flowers, the joy and the enthusiasm of the people of Sumeru were then heard as they saw their Archon.

The carriage of flowers stopped at the plaza, where then all the people danced surrounding it.

Some of the spectators from faraway lands were dragged along the festivities, including Wanderer.

He was dragged onto the stage where Lesser Lord Kusanali could see him.

Hesitant, he turned towards our direction as he picked up the prop sword with a graceful and one fluid movement.

The look of disdain and worry on his face earlier was now covered with a mysterious and ethereal expression that made him look as if he was a being far from that of a human.

Yet the lack of expression compensated by the powerful language of movement made him seem all the more like one.

His sword dance was like the tamed fires in a Kiln, yet it felt free as the wind and beautiful as the moon shining down on this night..... It was simply...

"Breathtaking...." I stare in awe as he danced gracefully and yet sharp as a skilled swordsman assessing their weapon...

Unbeknownst to myself, that night was the most memorable scenery I have seen in all of my travels.

--------------------------

AN: Happy Birthday Nahida!