Chapter 25: Lost (5)

What needs to be said was but a thought, for a letter can't contain my many a grievances.

Thus I shall write what I had briefly experienced along the way and soon I shall burn this letter filled with the inks and stains of my heartfelt resolutions.

Washing away the ash and soot left by the burnt letter in the nearby flowing springs I thus stood still and felt the breeze. 

Solemnly, I said my piece..."I believe that with this, it might reach you Father."

Disrupting my thoughts however were the billowing winds a top this mountain, it seems that I must go.

-Kazuha

_____________________________________________________

Still in the middle of roaming, the samurai arrived at a village, spring in full bloom, and no such signs for a downpour that day.

And yet the samurai with his keen senses soon encountered a villager that seemed to be drying their laundry still as the weather seemed fine.

"If I may, it would be best if you take your laundry inside. Rain clouds are bound to form."

With doubt surfacing on the villager's face, that seemed to be past 50s due to his gray hair, nonetheless maybe it was due to experience or simply a mere whim, the villager then followed the samurai's words.

Thus it really did rain that fine day, a thunderstorm even.

"The dark clouds are spreading so far... Then, allow me to invite you to my humble home as the weather is not all too great."

"I thank you for the utmost generosity."

"No no, you're my benefactor. With all the laundry I have put out to dry only for it to just get wet would have been a real headache."

"If that is so, then do pardon me."

"Please, come in and feel free to feel right at home."

The villager then smiled and went inside the house as the samurai contemplated.

After a few moments the complicated look on the samurai's eyes gradually faded and he thus placed a hand on the house's Shoji door before briefly muttering under his breath with a hint of relief.

"...It seems... I will have a roof over my head today."

After entering the house, before the samurai could even ask if the villager needed some help, the samurai was swiftly seated on the tatami flooring while facing the chabudai table while the villager diligently cooked in the back kitchen.

After a few minutes' worth of waiting the villager then went back to the living room and placed the tray he was carrying on the chabudai table.

"I haven't cooked for a long, long while so if the taste is odd then forgive my lacking hospitality."

Before the samurai, a humble yet tempting array of dishes was presented.

Picking up the nearest bowl and a pair of chopsticks the samurai then proceeded to scoop a small amount of rice with it as various emotions could be seen present on the samurai's eyes.

It was as if a ripple had stirred a small pond.

With a little bit of hesitation, the samurai then placed the chopsticks full of rice in his mouth.

It didn't even take as much as a while before the heaps of rice in the bowl clasped within the samurai's hands was long gone.

Putting down the pair of chopsticks the samurai gently smiled at the villager's lovely cooking.

"...No sir, this dish evokes a deep sense of homeliness... it's very warm..."

"Then have some seconds young man! The storm seems to be getting louder too so stay for the night."

"If it's not so much as a bother..."

"Hey I'm the one that offered so just rest for a bit young man! No need to be so stiff HAHA!"

"Then I thank you once again for the hospitality."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Dazed and purely out of focus, the samurai stared at the ceiling of the humble house he is currently staying at.

With the lights all closed, the visual flashing of lightning in the distance could clearly light up the entire room.

Paying no mind to the abrupt and constant sounds of thunder however, the samurai would sometimes flinch simply due to how loud the storm was getting.

Turning and twisting about on the laid out futon, the samurai couldn't get a wink of sleep even when today could be considered the most peaceful he has felt after a whole year of traveling about.

'If one's heart is empty, all under heaven is empty. But if one's heart is pure, then all under heaven so too would be pure.'

Then the next day, while the birds were happily chirping as the foxes played and ran, an Anemo Vision was seen clasped between the fingers of the sleeping samurai.