Chapter ##: For a tomorrow without regrets (1)

As we passed by the tranquil streets and the bustles of the night stalls we happened upon a forge.

Curious as I am, made me stare in a daze as I watch the blacksmiths work.

Being a mere spectator felt as though something within me tingled and sooner burned with passion, thus prompting myself to ask the owner of this forge.

"May this humble apprentice ask to borrow your forge for a bit? I want to try and refine this material with my own bladework."

The bladesmith examined the material closer and was left amazed.

"...What an excellent quality.... Kun Jun, just where did you meet these friends from a far?"

"I owe them my life bigtime! So please let them borrow the forge for a bit master Zhang"

"Fine fine, I am free anyways, no big orders today. I guess why not let them look after the forge for a bit as you and I look for some wares, they can use it while they're at it too."

"Thank you master Zhang! Sir Kazuha and Sir Wanderer, me and master Zhang would leave for a bit, you both can watch after the forge and use it at as you wish, best of luck to you."

"And besides, if anything were to happen the Millelith would be nearby" These words may as well be served as a warning and a reassurance.

If anything were to happen, the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing is to be notified, which happens to be closely acquainted with captain Beidou.

Lest I myself want to cause trouble to the captain, I should act on my best behavior. Is what can prompt oneself to understand from those short lines of words.

Thereafter I began my earnest pursuit of advancing my knowledge of the blade and making the blade.

As overjoyed and focused as I am I seemed to have forgotten the fact that Wanderer had not agreed to such a decision for I, after all requested to use the forge without prior notice to my companion.

After a long while of silence and anything but the hammer hitting the now shaped material, could be heard.

Wanderer uttered "...Your form is all wrong and you keep on quenching the blade even when the impurities are still present"

He then moved closer to my space seemingly tired of being an observer.

"I see, but is it alright to be this close?" I questioned as Wanderer had his hand on top of my own.

He beckoned my hand holding the hammer to strike, the sound felt clear like that of a drop of water falling into a pond.

"Oh? hm... so that is why something felt amiss... On that note, have you done bladework before Wanderer? You seem to be rather adept in the art of the forge."

"... Back in the past, before I took on the name Wanderer. Now focus, I'm teaching you the basics."

"This... is a necessity in doing so?" I raised my concern, as it felt as though the disturbance I've caused towards my companion is not something I can repay.

"The best way to teach an ignorant person is to have them feel it and gain experience, someone who was also ignorant once taught me that. Now start hammering in this rhythm."

Patiently, he guided my every move and even delved to enhance my feel for the weapon's hymn as we forgot the passing of time.

Soon after...

A blade of crimson laced azure was formed. As so did Wanderer's eyes, the blade reminds me of the stormy waters of Inazuma.

In a daze, I lay my eyes on the sword's hilt. I thereafter found myself holding it firmly as I start performing the family's blade work, the Isshin art.

Its creed and purpose: To measure the blade and bring about its true quality, one must strive for the blade and the user to have perfect harmony.

Thus in this still night, I wondered if Wanderer was firmly watching my polished bladework.

....

...

----------------------------------

AN: I don't know anything about forging so... let's just say that this is an educated guess ^^