Chapter ##: For a tomorrow without regrets (3)

***

The loud and annoying thunderstorm continued to fall as the humidity got through my nerves. Entering the inn, the place would be considered warm.

Since the samurai seemed out of it, I took it upon myself to ask about available rooms.

"Yes, we have checked and there are two rooms available. Is this for one night?"

"...that's right." Seeing that there is no need for further interaction, I proceeded to place our luggage to the designated rooms.

When I entered the hall, one place in particular looks to have been ragged by a hurricane more than outside.

Excessive decorations were placed, almost covering the whole room... Just looking at it makes my head feel as though it was hit by the annoying lightning that is busy raging outside.

The excessive decoration in the Inn's room is most likely because they are celebrating a certain someone's birthday.

Looking around this overly decorated place, my eyes landed upon a certain drunken samurai. 'Yet he seems to not even dare bothered to notice at all as he wasted away drinking....'

Buer took it upon herself that I know a bit of information about this samurai that is now dead drunk, that I don't even see the point on why bother doing so.

The captain or whatever approached the samurai and ordered me to do something ridiculous.

"Time and time again Kazuha, I told you that you shouldn't drink if you can't handle it. Haa... this guy's passed out, hey hat boy take him upstairs."

"Why do I have to"

"Well aside from me, you're the only one sober enough to do so."

"Then do it yourself."

"Oh don't be like that hat boy, just take Kazuha inside the inn and then we'll have a little chat. Deal?"

"...How are you so sure that you have something I want to know and as far as I have observed from your... behavior, you just wanted an excuse to drink more."

"Haha you caught me! And regarding that... Its intuition I suppose, if you're trying to brave the storms out at sea you must be prepared to follow what your gut tells you"

Reluctant as I am, I brought the drunken samurai to the room I have finished booking earlier.

Laying him on the bed, I found it hard to look away from the peaceful scene.

'I guess this suits him more' sleeping without a care in the world, rather than having those eyes that announces his presence as a samurai.

Finally, snapping from my daze, I went back to have a discussion with that woman.

As soon as I sat down she started to utter despicable but useful information.

"The Fatui have been loitering around the Chasm for a while now"

Hearing 'that word' made me ever so slightly, flinch.

"Is such information credible... no, rather is it even allowed to be said willy-nilly like this?"

"This information is still rather well known you know? The Fatui and Liyue had dealings in the past, now it is but an unfulfilled contract."

As I silently listened to her mutters, the rain continued to fall loudly as constant echoes of thunder were heard.

"The Fatui have been stationed at the Chasm along with Millelith soldiers to explore its depths, but due to the fallout the operation was halted or rather, put to a complete stop."