If you let me

*:・゚✧*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Y/N hated cliche love stories. She hated the thought of mushy couples and stupid affectionate love languages, but she especially hated when people were so incredibly devoted to one another.

Maybe it was the way she was brought up, maybe it was the fact she'd never experienced it herself. Y/N didn't need anyone to 'be in love' with her. She was fine being a Jedi who blindly followed the code.

Well.. Until she realized that as much as she tried to run away and hate the love she'd been taught against her whole life, she couldn't deny that she did feel something.

She felt something for him.

Which made her all the more frustrated.

Y/N had been sitting in the library most of the day, studying a story Master Plo Koon had suggested to her. He claimed it was of importance and had meaning behind it, but she was failing to find the hidden lesson.

Frustratedly, she shut the book. Everything today was bothering her, which made studying all the harder.

"Aw, can you not focus today?" A voice spoke up from behind her, making her roll her eyes. Anakin slid into the seat across from her, smirking arrogantly.

"Shut up." Y/N chuckled, leaning her chin in her hands. "Master Plo Koon wants me to figure out the 'meaning' behind this story. I've been going at it forever."

Anakin shook his head, continuing to smirk. After a moment, he looked down to see what book it was. A loud laugh erupted from his throat, causing many individuals in the library to shush him. He softly apologized to them before turning back to her. "You've been a victim to the Jedis pranks."

Y/N tilted her head in confusion, raising a brow. "W-what?" Her brows were furrowed and her nose scrunched a bit, causing Anakin to blush at her cuteness.

"The masters have a joke that's been going on for years." Anakin began to explain, a small grin on his pillowy lips. "They'll assign their Padawan an extremely useless book to 'study'. They like to watch them struggle and get frustrated."

Y/N's jaw dropped and she scowled, shaking her head quickly. "You're so funny Anakin." She sarcastically complimented, fluttering her eyelashes. "So incredibly funny."

Anakin couldn't help but admire her adorable response, adoring her features that were scrunched up. "Just being honest with you, darling." He responded, shrugging his shoulders. The pet name made Y/N's heart race and her cheeks turn a light pink. "Obi-Wan did it to me too." Anakin finished, noticing her reaction to his nickname for her.

Y/N sighed, sensing no dishonesty in Anakin. As much of an arrogant shit he could be sometimes, she didn't think he was messing with her this time. "I don't know why I'm surprised." Her once frustrated demeanor was now calm and content, Anakin's presence making her feel all the better. "I mean, they do need some form of entertainment."