Affect on you

*:・゚✧*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Sparring was my favorite part of Jedi training. Although I'd been knighted a few months ago, I still greatly enjoyed practicing in the training room with willing participants.

Usually, I'd go and spar when I was sad or frustrated. The training room was kind of like my safe place. I never had to worry about anyone bugging me. Well, unless Anakin decided to waltz in and act like he owned the place.

It was an early morning, midweek. I stood in front of Rex, undeniably my favorite clone. He often would help me train by shooting at me so I could get better at deflecting the shots. I was frustrated from an argument Id had with Master Plo Koon, so I figured some practice might help me cool down.

"You ready, Y/N?" Rex asked, smirking as he bent his knees a bit. He pulled out his blaster and popped his neck.

"The real question is, are you ready?" I joked, unsheathing my saber. Without much warning, Rex began rapidly shooting at me.

Effortlessly, I deflected the shots. Deflecting shots had almost become a second nature to me. Considering how often we were in battle, I was pretty good at it. But more practice is always needed. I'd been attempting to perfect the Juyo form, which Mace Windu was best known for.

For a few minutes, we continued our little spar. That is, until I sensed someone outside the door. Distracted, I glanced over. As if on cue, Anakin trudged in the room. His usual arrogant attitude poisoning the air.

I held my hand up for Rex to stop shooting. I did not want to be in the same room as Anakin right now. I was already in a bitter mood from my dispute with Plo Koon earlier, so I didn't need Anakin making me even more upset.

Without saying anything, I put my lightsaber away and began to walk out of the room. Rex stood there, confused at my sudden departure.

"Do I have that much of an effect on you, Y/N?" Anakin spoke, just as I was about to exit.

"I simply can't stand you. Why would I stay here if your presence makes me sick?" I shot back, turning my head over my shoulder to scowl at him.

Anakin clenched his jaw. "Why don't we spar it out?" He rose a brow, folding his arms across his chest.

"Why would I want to spar with you?" I asked, turning around to fully face him.

"Why wouldn't you?" Anakin smirked. "Oh, I know. Because you know you'll lose."

Anakin's arrogance made my blood boil, so without words, I threw my robe off and stomped over to him. "Try me." My tone was deadly.

I heard Rex chuckle, making me snap my head to him. "Do you want me to come over there and shove that blaster up your ass?"