Don't make promises you can't keep

*:・゚✧*:・゚

•REQUEST FROM AutumnsWhisper •

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The blackened void of emptiness made my mind sway with uncomfortable loneliness. My, our, apartment was cold and barren. The war had been going on for who knows how long now, and the only source of him I had was the clothes and belongings he'd left behind.

There was talk about death, which had only made my yearning for Anakin grow. We rarely had the chance to speak, considering his holo-pad was strictly for work.

Occasionally though, Ani would leave me a small message. They were always fairly short, but I cherished the collection of messages from him. Over the past 2 years, he'd been fighting almost constantly. So that meant I had around 2 years worth of sweet words from him.

Even those messages couldn't soothe the itching pain I had for him to come back.

The rumors of Anakin's death weren't new. They were fairly common, if we were being honest. It was like I was hearing about a new battle he'd been through everyday. But the past few weeks.. Had been different.

The discreet whispers were no longer secret. The proclamation that Anakin Skywalker was in fact dead, had almost become the talk of Coruscant.

The days went by excruciatingly slow, my heart aching for just a moment with him. So when I was informed through some mild eavesdropping that Obi-Wan Kenobi was returning to Coruscant, my heart couldn't help but drop.

Why had they not mentioned Anakin? We're the rumors true? Was he really-

"Ms. Y/N!" A robotic voice snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to look to my bedroom door. Threepio, the droid Anakin had gifted to me, stood at the door. "Master Obi-Wan Kenobi's ship should be arriving on Coruscant any time now."

Shooting up from my seating position quickly, my heart leapt. "Do you know if Anakin is on the ship? Is he safe? Is he alright?" I questioned quickly, probably overwhelming Threepio with my words.

"I have no knowledge on Master Ani's whereabouts or condition, Ms." Threepio concluded sadly. "But I do know that Master Kenobi just entered the atmosphere. Possibly Master Ani is with him."

Without replying to my droid, I quickly stood up and slipped my shoes on. Grabbing my robe before I left, well technically Anakin's robe, I wrapped it around my shoulders.

As I rushed out of the apartment, I didn't hesitate to jog down the empty halls. My apartment was fairly close to the temple, so I decided to just walk.

Upon arriving at the Jedi temple, I was greeted with polite waves and hello's, and even a few cheers. Most people thought I wasn't on Coruscant anymore, probably since I was usually hidden away. My role as Princess on Alderaan had been revoked years ago since I decided our monarchy was a corrupt system, but everyone still had the utmost respect for me. Well, almost everyone. So, since I was practically banished from Alderaan, Coruscant was my home now.