It's okay not to be okay

*:・゚✧*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Dating was something that was expected of my age. I was a single 22 year old, no wonder my friends were constantly trying to set me up with a guy.

Tonight though, my best friend assured me this guy would be the 'one'. She told me that it would be the night of my life and I would finally find the one I was searching for.

Never being one to enjoy going out on dates or anything, I groaned as I searched for the perfect outfit to wear to this dreaded date. My eyes landed on one of my favorite dresses.

It was an ankle length sun dress with puffy sleeves and a dainty bow in the back. It was a light yellow, adorned with a bit of lace on the sleeves and the hem. It was nice enough to wear to go out for dinner, but comfortable as well.

I slipped it on, tying my hair into a low bun with a shiny black ribbon. I wore some simple black flats, matching with the ribbon in my hair.

There was a really nice place down town that my date had asked to meet at, which I was excited to try. I was always one for trying new foods.

Grabbing my purse and my keys, I headed out the door. Even though I was silently dreading meeting yet another guy, part of me hoped it really would be 'the night of my life' as my friend stated.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I smoothed down my dress and took a deep breath before exiting my car. Slamming the door behind me, I headed towards the door and entered.

Immediately, I felt out of place. It was an extremely fancy place, with obvious rich people everywhere.

I looked around, hoping to get a clue of who I was meeting.

"Are you Y/N?"

I turned around to meet the source of the voice. A young man stood in front of me, a huge smile on his face. "Ah, you must be Y/N!" The man exclaimed. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes that matched his extremely short locks. He wasn't ugly per se, but definitely not my type.

"Yes, that would be me." I smiled softly, holding out my hand for him to shake. But instead of him shaking it, he kissed the back of my hand. His lips were wet, leaving a little bit of spit on my hand.

"I'm Max." He smirked, looking me up and down. "I have a table for us. I've been waiting for a while."

"Oh, am I late?" I asked, my voice panicky.