I promise you

*:・゚✧*:・゚

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONTINUING

Hi! I normally do not like putting authors notes in the beginning of my imagines, but I felt it to be necessary for this one. This chapter will be very heavy. Please do not read if you're sensitive to blood, medical conditions, death, and other sensitive topics. I will elaborate on why I decided to write this at the end of the chapter. If you decide to read this, please read the authors note at the end as well. Enjoy.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"You're pregnant, Ms. Skywalker."

Those three words made my entire world shatter. Usually, you should be excited to have a baby. For as long as I could remember, I've wanted to be a mother. And now that i'm married to the love of my life, I should be happy.

But things weren't that easy.

"You do remember what we discussed during your last visit, don't you?" My doctor softly asked. Her eyes were full of worry. "The chance of you miscarrying the baby is 50%. Maybe even higher. Not to mention if you do miscarry, there are serious complications that quite possibly could occur." My doctor paused. "And if you proceed with the pregnancy, there's an even higher chance that you may die in childbirth."

Anakin and I had used every precaution. He knew of the risks. Anakin was adamant on not having biological children ever since he found out about my fertility and reproductive issues. So, I got an IUD. But there's always that possibility it might still happen.

"Y/N, what i'm trying to say is," My doctor took a breath, sadly pursing her lips. "We need you to make a decision if you are going to terminate the pregnancy, or go through with it."

My eyes watered and my stomach began to twist. I wanted a baby so bad, but I knew it was almost certain one of us would die either way.

"I need to speak to my husband about it." I softly replied, wiping away a few tears that fell from my eyes.

"Of course, Ms. Skywalker." My doctor stood up, slipping out of the room. I was in the medical bay in the Jedi Temple.

Anakin and I had been married for two years now, and had been together since our early teens. My doctor was one of the only people who knew about our secret relationship, and I planned to keep it that way.

After probably a half of an hour of just sitting on the examination table, the door quickly opened. I looked up, meeting Anakin's eyes. His face was contorted with worry, and he immediately rushed over to me and put his hands on my face.

"What's going on? Are you okay? What happened?" He started questioning rapidly, searching my eyes for an answer.

Quickly pecking his lips, I nodded after I pulled away. "Sit down, Ani." I whispered, patting a spot next to me. He sat down, the paper on the table crinkling. "Don't freak out, okay, darling?"