3 | snap out of it

- saylor's pov -

"you off work today?" i asked tatum as i walked up to her at the kitchen island.

"yup," she said as she slid a glass cup to me that had a smoothie in it. "and after that 12 hour shift yesterday, i plan on sitting on this couch all day."

"i don't even blame you," i chuckled as i took a sip of the smoothie. "well im about to head to the rink to help teach a class. harley is outside waiting on me."

"okay cool," she started. "but hey moony? like how are you, really?"

"im doing good tay," i nodded. "swear."

she squinted at me. "you guys may breakup and get back together all the time but you actually being physically away from her?"

"it's only been 2 days," i chuckled.

"exactly," she said. "look, i just wanna make sure you're okay."

"i am," i pinched her cheeks. "promise darling."

she playfully rolled her eyes. "alright fine," she started as she walked to the couch. "have fun, be safe!"

"yes ma'am," i exclaimed as i walked out the door.

i got in the car with harley and we headed to the rink. harley is another girl in LA that im fairly close with. we became friends through figure skating when we met in competition a couple years back.

as we drove to the rink, the events from friday night started replaying in my head. no, that wasn't the first time something like that has happened but i swear it was the last.

i will not put up with shit like that anymore. and no, i haven't told anybody that paige is abusive because it's embarrassing and shaming. and i can handle it on my own.

-

we made it to the rink and i excitedly got out of harley's car, dragging my mini duffel bag with me. i had on a compression jacket with some tights.

once we made it in, we greeted the instructors and other girls who were professionals. some of them already knew me so we were ready to get straight into it.

class started, and we were going and going. kids, teens, and even adults were all here and it was really fun. this isn't my first time doing this, but i love teaching people my passion.

"okay so be sure to maintain balance," i told one teenage girl as i skated to her. sister was not getting it. "don't worry about tricks just yet. right now really focus on-"

then i glanced up and noticed someone sitting in the stands. a certain someone who has black hair and wears baggy clothes. she had on shades but what good does that do?

im surprised no one else in the stands has noticed her yet, but honestly it's mostly just parents.

i squinted as i was very confused. "um hold on one second," i told the girl i was helping.

i then skated over to the stands where my new friend was and held on to the barricade. she just looked at me as if this was normal for her and i tilted my head.

"billie?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

she slowly took her shades off and grinned.

"fancy seeing you here," i folded my arms.

"is it?" she tilted her head.

"yeah, it is. what are you doing?" i chuckled.

"i can't come watch a class?" she asked in a defensive tone.