20 | hell of a week

some time later..

"this is nationals we're talking about people!" coach yelled at us. "you need to be on your Ps and Qs!"

we all nodded.

she continued going up to everyone and telling them what division they'll be competing in.. if they're even competing.

"saylor," she approached me. "you're good. you're always placing. i want you to compete in a pair this time with mark. i think you two would be excellent together."

"okay," i nodded as i looked at mark. "thank you."

"you ever performed in a pair?" mark approached me.

"it's been awhile but i think i can handle it," i told him.

-

"so he's gonna throw you into the air and you'll do an axel jump," coach told me.

my eyes slightly lit up. "got it."

mark and i were practicing our routine and it's pretty good, we're confident in it. there are many tricks, lifts, and spins, along with some other difficult skating techniques but nothing we can't do.

i just hope when the time comes, we execute like i know we can.

i've been super stressed out lately for many reasons including nationals. if i place top 3, i could literally be considered for the olympics.

that's kind of like my dream.

"lift her up!" coach yelled as mark and i practiced our routine. "yes! good!"

once we finished rehearsing, i went and sat down so i could pour my entire water bottle down my throat.

"you guys look so good out there," harley said as she came and sat by me.

"thanks but our fucking routine is so complex," i breathed heavily.

"yeah but like you're nailing it," she told me. "look i literally took a picture from one of you guys' lifts."

harley then pulled out her phone and showed me a picture she took while mark and i were rehearsing.

"dear god," i laughed. "send that to billie."

-

"hey," billie said to me as i walked inside the house.

"hi," i sighed as i walked past her.

she turned to me and squinted. "um.. you good?"

"yeah just tired," i said. "long practice today."

"yeah harley sent me that lift you did," she smiled as she approached me. "it looked really good.. and scary."