16 | case closed

"what is this?" i asked as billie brought me to this big room in her house.

"this is your closet," she said.

"this?" i rose my eyebrows. "this is the size of a bedroom."

"and you have a lot of stuff," she laughed. "so here you go, have a ball."

"oh my god," i said to myself. "well how much do you want me to split with you?"

"huh?" billie furrowed her eyebrows.

"well cause im living here so i need to-"

"no," she shook her head.

"but-"

"hush," she said. "you're not giving me anything."

"billie-"

"hmm im starving," she dragged. "we should go get something to eat. brunch?"

i playfully rolled my eyes.

-

we got to this cute cafe and sat down to eat. it was so many people staring at us and taking pictures. i guess it wasn't as bad as it could've been though cause it's not a crowded place.

but im just not use to this because billie and i have hung out a lot but never really in public like this. it was usually at someone's house.

"you deal with this a lot?" i asked her.

"yeah," she shrugged. "im used to it though. but if you're not comfortable with likely being on social media then we can go."

"oh i don't mind if you don't," i shook my head.

"cool," she grinned.

we were served our food and just talked about random shit while we ate.

"did you see all those pictures people posted of you from the wedding?" i chuckled.

"yes!" billie expressed, shaking her head.

"it would lowkey look bad if they found out that you were dating the girl who's wedding you just attended," i laughed. 

"that's exactly why we should probably be discreet," she suggested.

"you said that like we're not eating out in public right now," i chuckled.

"yeah but this seems platonic, no?"

"yeah i guess so," i shrugged.

"so.. has any of her family tried contacting you?" she asked, referring to paige.

"yeah they've all been blowing me up and im not answering anyone," i shrugged.

"good," she nodded.

"im not the only one who's phone has been blowing up though," i rose my eyebrows as i saw her phone light up with another text from quinn.

billie looked down at her phone and then back at me. "oh my god stop she has not been blowing me up," she chuckled. "im just trying to let her down easy."

"did she think she had a chance with you?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"well," billie started in a high pitched guilty tone. "i might've led her to think that."

"how?" i tilted my head.

"um," she looked at her plate. "wow these fries are really good. i need more ketchup-"

"billie," i tilted my head.

she sighed. "okay.. i may have went to her place the other night right after the wedding."