8 | what was i made for?

- billie's pov -

soooo it has been another week and though i've been busy with work related things, i still haven't heard from saylor.

not even a text.

and that bothers me.

i know her stupid girlfriend is probably up her ass but like???? cmon.

i was just sitting in my house, in this little room where i write music. so bored and so filled with thoughts about many things that did nothing but stress me out.

so i said fuck it, and texted saylor.

i honestly got butterflies.

and i took a deep breath of relief, seeing that she misses me just like im missing her.

i sent her my address so she could drive here and she eventually made it. she walked in and we hugged.

"hi," she smiled to me. "how are you?"

"im good," i grinned. "what about you?"

"good," she nodded. "i've missed you," she pushed my shoulder.

"well i haven't heard from you so i assume you didn't wanna talk," i told her.

"just because i don't hit you up doesn't mean i don't wanna talk," she said to me. "i honestly just kinda thought you were still mad about paige so i didn't bother reaching out to you. so im glad you texted me."

"me too," i chuckled.

"so what've you been doing today?"

"this," i said as we walked into my personal music room.

"oh," she nodded. "writing? lemme hear some."

"i wish i had something for you to hear but unfortunately im uninspired," i shrugged.

"still?" saylor rose her eyebrows. "nothing for barbie?"

"nope," i shook my head. "i mean finneas gave me a melody but i can't come up with any lyrics. i think im just gonna tell greta i can't-"

"oh no," saylor cut me off. "no we're not doing that," she snatched my journal away from me. "give me this."

she opened the book to an empty page and grabbed a pen. "talk to me about literally anything."

"like what?" i shrugged.

"how you've been feeling lately, just to start."

"ummm i don't know," i shook my head.

"billie cmon," she tilted her head. "so life's been all roses and rainbows lately?"