5 | i promise

- billie's pov -

its the weekend and the day of the gucci event. i just finished hair and makeup so all i have to do is get dressed and then i'll head to tatum's to pick saylor up.

"who are you taking with you, again?" my mom asked me.

"her name's saylor. i met her through tatum," i told her.

"when did you meet her?"

"uh.. like 2 weeks ago," i said as i avoided eye contact with her.

"and you guys are close enough already for you to bring her to an event?" mom furrowed her eyebrows.

"yes mom," i looked at her. "we've hung out a couple times. plus we text from time to time, she's cool."

"okay i just wanna make sure no one is using you," she rubbed my shoulder.

"it's not like that mother," i rolled my eyes. "thanks for your concern."

after i was done getting dressed, i hopped in the backseat of the suv that was waiting outside for me and spoke to my driver. "hey, carl."

i told him the address and we made our way to tatum's house. as we pulled in, i grabbed the dress that gucci sent for saylor and made my way to the front door before knocking.

saylor opened the door and smiled as we made eye contact.

she looked so pretty.

not gonna lie, i haven't seen her since the night we snuck into the rink and i've missed her and that stupid smile of hers.

"hi love," i smiled as i held the bag up that had the dress inside.

she giggled. "hi beautiful," she said as she moved to the side so that i could enter. i then walked inside and closed the door behind me.

"okay how do i look?" she pointed to her face. "i did my own hair and makeup and i don't know if-"

"you look perfect," i chuckled. "literally."

"okay," she looked down in a blush. "alright now let me see this dress."

"here," i gave her the bag. "i know you asked if they could provide a shawl or wrap but they weren't able to get one for this specific dress in time."

"o- oh," she said lowly as she looked at the dress

"o- oh," she said lowly as she looked at the dress. "u- um okay."

"that's cool?" i furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"y- yeah yeah," she said. "um okay hold on im gonna go put it on," she said before going in her room and closing the door.

i sat down on the couch and watched Finneas and Ferb on Disney+ as i waited. but after awhile, i realized that i had watched a full episode.