7 | more than friends

"what the fuck tate?" i fussed to tatum as i stood in her bedroom.

"what?" she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "i told you i'd make you a damn vegan pie. just give me time."

"wha- this isnt about pie!" i expressed. "why didn't you tell me saylor got back with her ex?"

"um i didn't know that was information worth sharing to you?" she shrugged.

"ughhhh," i groaned. "no wonder she hasn't been texting me for real lately."

"billie," tatum started. "they're always off and on. i could've told you they'd be back together."

"but like," i started. "if she had to drive two hours in a storm just to get away from her, doesn't that seem concerning?"

"probably just a really bad fight that time," tate nodded.

sure.

"okay but wait. so when did this happen? how did they get back together?" i asked her.

"um to be honest," she looked up in thought. "i think it was the day after that whole incident with you two. because that next morning moony asked me to go with her to pick up the rest of her stuff from their place in palm springs but i had to work so i couldn't."

"so who ended up going with her?" i asked.

"no one," tate shook her head. "she went alone. but she said when she got there, her and paige ended up talking things out and getting back together."

"i should've went," i shook my head.

"why though?"

"cause," i paused. "i don't know."

"b," tatum stood up. "i love you, but i can't see saylor and paige leaving each other alone no time soon. plus, you have josh."

i rolled my eyes.

it all makes sense though. this is why she hasn't been hitting me up for real or been wanting to hang out.

and the other day she said she had a lot going on already, now i see what it is.

"you guys are just gonna have to be friends," tatum patted my shoulder.

"not much chance of that either the way i acted when i met her girl today," i scratched behind my neck.

"oh wait you met paige?" tate rose her eyebrows. "how did that happen?"

"i went to the ice rink and-"

"oh b," she face palmed.

"i know," i shook my head, disappointed in myself.

"was your reaction bad?" tate asked, her face cringing.

"i could barely look the girl in the face."

"oh god," tatum expressed.

"and i also said some hurtful things to saylor. so i might as well kiss our friendship goodbye," i shrugged. "she probably never wants to see me again."

"that's not true," tate shook her head with a chuckle. "she's bad at holding grudges."

i see.

"well when you see her tonight, tell her-"

"oh b she doesn't- she doesn't live her anymore," tatum said. "she moved into her new place."

"oh," i stated. "well i definitely may never see her again because im not going to the ice rink anymore and i damn sure won't just pull up to her apartment complex."