Climax // Part One

buckle up, get strapped in

--

My mind had been restless since my moment with Jughead over the weekend. I had so many running thoughts in my head about what happened and how we move on from there. Was that forgiveness? A momentary lapse in judgment? Just... normal?

I needed an unbiased source, which is how I found myself on FaceTime with one Peter Parker who was more than thrilled to set me in between himself and his now-girlfriend MJ. The two were busy eating Thai food that May had picked up before her night shift, leaving the two teens to themselves in the large apartment.

"So, what are you going to do?" Peter asked between bites of his noodles. The sauce was flying everywhere. I could tell based on how MJ kept giving him disgusted looks with his slurping. The two had such a comforting dynamic that it made my heart clench watching them fall into each other.

I sighed and shoved my phone against my paper towel stand so the duo could see me move about the kitchen. "I don't know, Pete. It felt so normal that I loved it but I also can't forgive what he did, you know? I want to, I really do, but there's not enough apologies in the world that can make up for that."

"You know, one time, my friend Thor's brother faked his death. Thor was pretty torn up about it, which obviously, but when he found out he was still alive, they came together over a common cause and it was all okay, but I'm saying way too much-"

MJ most likely kicked Peter in the shin because the younger boy shut up instantly, his doe eyes meeting the camera as his girlfriend turned to face the device as well. "What Peter means to say, Savanna, is fuck him and he doesn't deserve you."

"MJ, that's not what-"

I laughed at the polar opposite responses from them. Their bantering was light-hearted as MJ told Peter he was too nice and the boy responded that she was a little harsh in her response.

"MJ's really not that wrong, Pete." I shrugged as I began to pour some water into a pot to make my dinner. "He doesn't deserve me, but I can't bring myself to follow through with that."

I set the pot on the stove and turned the burner on before turning back to the phone. "I just want to make the right decision."

"There really is no right decision though... right?" MJ twirled her fork in her food as she spoke. "This is fully something you have to decide and some people will agree, others won't. But you need to make it with yourself in mind."

I groaned at her wise response. What I needed, was time. And with graduation right around the corner, that's exactly what I didn't have. There wasn't enough time for Jughead and me to fix our issues before everyone would leave to go their separate ways. That didn't mean we wouldn't see each other ever again, it just wouldn't all be in a nice neat bow like I imagined it would when Senior Year started.