Men of Honor // Part One

felicity & sav be going on the adventure of a lifetime here we go

--

There were a lot of things I expected to happen after we lost the Quiz Show victory, but Jughead challenging Bret to a sudden-death duel off, was definitely not what I saw coming. I'll admit, Stonewall has the oddest ways of settling conflict but nothing was surprising.

"Vanna, dearest," Ronnie's voice echoed through my apartment as I attempted to look presentable for the day. "Free up your schedule for the week! We are heading to good old New York City."

I caught her reflected in the mirror and smiled for a brief moment before shaking my head. "Can't Ron. Since Betty got suspended B&G is finally left open which means I can continue looking into the creeps of Stonewall Prep, and Felicity agreed to help me. I'm assuming you're going to see Katy?"

My sister nodded. "That indeed. Are you sure you don't want to come? It'd be a good little side trip."

I sighed and made sure my outfit looked presentable before stepping out of the bathroom. "I'm sure. Besides, Felicity and I have been planning a trip to Queens to visit her aunt and brother. I promise I'll let you drag me somewhere soon, okay?"

"Fine," Veronica huffed an agreement. "I'll send Katy your love. Please be careful, I'm tired of hearing all these Stonewall horror stories that never end well."

Understatement of the year.

--

The Blue and Gold office was warm with sunlight when Felicity and I situated ourselves in front of the chaotic murder board.

"Yeah, this looks like so much fun," Felicity scoffed as she took a sip of her coffee. "Seriously, why are you dusting this off now? What's the occasion?"

I shrugged, "Well, since Jughead decided to get himself buried into a nice tournament with Bret, I'd rather find out what his classmate's capable of before letting my boyfriend get decapitated in a fencing showdown."

"Fair point. You think he's behind all of this?" She asked about the scattered post-it notes and photos.

"It's possible," I mumbled. "He's definitely the leader of the pack. What I can't figure out, however, is what's going on with Donna. She claimed Mr. Chipping had an affair with her, against her consent, but... I don't know if she's telling the truth, especially after Chipping jumped out a damn window."

Felicity hummed in acknowledgment. "Well, let's start with the obvious. Was he married?"

I glanced back at her from where I was standing in front of the pins. "Let's find out."

It didn't take long to figure out that Mr. Chipping did in fact have a wife and after a quick phone call, she agreed to meet us at Pop's for a brief sitdown where we could hopefully find out more clues.