Go

Dean's pov

I can't get the conversation Amy, Bobby and I had yesterday out of my head as Sammy and I are working in the basement. We're trying to get it finished as soon as possible so Alex can move down here, giving Katie and Drew their own rooms. This is honestly a way bigger project than I first anticipated. Thank God Sammy is here to help, otherwise what's supposed to be Alex's bedroom down here might turn out to be more like a bedroom for his grandkids.

BANG!

"What the Hell was that?" I asked, referring to the noise we just heard coming from upstairs.

"I don't know," Sammy replied. "It kinda sounded like somebody dropped something heavy on the floor."

CRASH!

I sighed and rolled my eyes, knowing this cannot be good. My fears were confirmed when we heard crying shortly after the second loud noise.

"Fuck," I said in a pissed off tone, quickly putting my drill down so I could head upstairs to investigate.

"Want me to come with you?" my little brother asked.

"No," I replied, trying to rub the tension from the muscles in the back of my neck. "I got this. You just keep hanging the drywall or we'll never have this finished."

"Alright," Sammy said, getting back to work. "You know where to find me if you need me," I heard him call out, when I reached the top of the stairs.

As soon as I opened the basement door, I heard Katie and Drew screaming at each other in the living room. When I walked in, I saw the source of the crash we heard from downstairs. The five foot tall floor lamp was laying on its side next to the couch. The broken lamp shade and tv remote were nearby.

"What the Hell happened here?" I shouted. "Are the two of you alright?" I asked, despite seeing no obvious injuries on either one of them.

"Katie knocked the wamp (lamp) over!" Drew shouted, red in the face.

"No I didn't!" my daughter yelled. "You hit me and I was just trying to get away from you."

"That's cuz you hit me with the mote (remote)," Drew accused.

"I didn't hit you with it," Katie countered. "You kept trying to take it from me so I had to keep moving it." my daughter sneered, sticking her tongue out at Drew.

"That's cuz you wouldn't wet (let) me watch Paw Patrol."

"Cuz I was already watching The Thundermans. You can't just change it to what you want."

"Yeah I can, it was my turn. You said I could watch my show after I-Carly but den (then) you wouldn't wet (let) me."

"That's cuz your show is a stupid baby show that nobody likes."

"I wike (like) it!" Drew shouted.

"That's because you're a baby". Rubbing her fists in her eyes, she mimicked crying, "Wah, wah, wah! I'm Drew and I'm a little crybaby," she taunted.

"AM NOT!" Drew shouted, lunging at Katie.

"ARE TOO!" Katie countered, before Drew slugged her in the arm.

"OW!" Katie screamed, shoving him back.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" I yelled, pulling them apart. "Both of you knock it off, right now!"

"But he hit me," my daughter protested.

"You called me a baby," Drew whined.

"I don't want to hear it," I stated sternly. "Both of you shut-up and listen, right now!"