Chapter 12

Alex 'sPOV
I waited at the front of the ward . I still couldn't see what was happening as the doctors who were moving to and fro were blocking my view. God please save him for me.

*****
Stephanie 'sPOV
We got to Axel school and I searched all the classrooms for him . I know he doesn't stay in one place . I have warned him severally to stay put in his classroom any time school closes but no , this four year old boy wouldn't listen.

"Mum , Aunt Cherry." Axel called and ran to hug me.

"Where have you been I have looked for you everywhere?" I asked.

" Mum, I was sitting in my class then I got bored so I went to play with some of my friends. "

" How many times have I told you to stop playing around? "

" But Mum. "

" No, I don't wanna hear it. "

" Steph , he is just four years old . I bet you did worse than this when you were his age. "Cherry said.

" Are you serious Cherry? No , I see what it's. This is a co-ordinated attack. Both of you have ganged up against me. "I said.

" You see Aunt Cherry that's what I always tell my mum but she doesn't listen. "Axel said .

" I know don't mind your mom. "Cherry answered.

" Mummy, can you buy me ice cream pleaseeee . "Alex pouted.

" Axel I have told you , you take way too much sugar and it's not good for your health. "

" Seriously? Geez he's just four not seventy. Don't worry Axel don't mind your mom. I'll get you ice cream ok. "

" Thanks Aunt Cherry you're the best. "Axel said hugging her.

*******
Author 'sPOV
"Thank God you are awake ." Alex said to David.

The doctors were finally able to revive him and Alex was finally allowed to see him.

"Yeah I am happy I'm alive."David answered.

"So tell me idiot, what happened? "

"Well I was drunk and driving my car and a truck hit me."

"Seriously dude you wanna kill yourself all because of a girl. "

"A girl? Dude what are you talking about? "David asked obviously confused

********
Doctor's office
Alex's POV
I knew there was something wrong with David with the way he was talking in the ward so now I'm in the doctor's office hoping to get a better explanation of what was wrong with my friend.

" Mr Alex.... "

" Dakota." I said completing his words.

" Yes Mr Alex Dakota. Well I 'm afraid your friend has mild amnesia."The doctor said.

" Mild amnesia??? "

" Yes mild amnesia. A condition in which the patient loses a slight path of his memoy. In this case the patient seems to have lost the memories which troubled him the most. "

" Treat him, make him recover. "

" I'm afraid it's not easy as you think Mr Dakota. Besides he remembers everyone important to him. The memories he appears to have forgotten are events which took place in his life. Be rest assured that in due time he would regain those memories back. "

Finally David has forgotten about the Stephanie issue. Yes it was a time of joy and also unhappiness. On one hand I was happy he would no longer have nightmares or get drunk again. On the other hand I was unhappy cos my friend had a child which he might never be able to find.

"Mr Dakota one more thing. Don't pressure him or try to make him remember he may lose all his other memories. Just let it come naturally ok."

"No problem doc. Thanks. When would he be discharged?

"We would keep him for close monitoring tonight and tomorrow he will be discharged. "

*****
Cherry 'sPOV
I waited and waited for him to come back. I glanced at my wristwatch. It was 11pm and he wasn't back yet . I tried calling him but his phone was switched off. I heard the sound of the door and I went to check only to find Alex sneaking in.

"Hey I have been calling you since but you haven't been picking my calls."

"Cherry something came up."

"Yesterday you came home late , something came up ."

"Cherry , I .....

"I don't wanna hear it." I interrupted him and walked away.

Alex 'sPOV
I watched as she walked away. The truth was that yesterday I came home late cos of David and today the same thing. This David would be the death of me. Not that I didn't trust my girlfriend, Cherry enough but how do you start explaining to a girl you met last week everything that has been going on in your life. Seriously when I met Cherry I knew it was love at first sight but still I don't know how she might take this whole David's story so for now I am keeping from her.

******

Summary: David lost his memory well only the memory about Stephanie so he can no longer remember her.

When there is life there is hope.

Thank God David is alive looks like your votes really helped.

Vote again if you love this story.

And to everyone facing any challenges just know that when there is life there is hope.
Never give up keep pushing you're gonna get there