Chapter 2

In another part of the country

"Ansh...Get up....It's getting late. You have the meeting with the organizers"

Instead of getting up he just put the pillow over his head blocking out the voice of his wife.

"Why are you nagging me so early in the morning?" he mumbled from underneath

" I am nagging...."

He was so deep in sleep that he didn't recognize the omnious tone of his wife until he was whacked hard by a pillow.

" What the...." he woke up with a start to berate the one disturbing his sleep when he saw his wife standing in front,  hands on hips, breathing fire.

"Nandhu...Good morning" he greeted with forced cheer while gulping down his nervousness.

"Nandhu....or nagging...."

Saying this she began beating Ansh with the pillow while he tried running away from the beating.

Like children they began moving in circles around the bed while Ansh was placating his wife as sweetly as possible. 

"Nandhu... I was sleeping...."

All his justification was falling on dead ears ,so finally he jumped across the bed and took her in a tight back bear hug.

"Leave me, Ansh.... I am not in a mood for your tricks"

"Come on , yaar.....Instead of this angry bird look, give your sweetest smile in the morning" he whispered while he buried himself in her sweet smelling hair.

" Oh so in addition to nagging,  I am an angry bird too...So leave me....let this angry bird go"

As soon as the words left her mouth, he turned her around and pulled her towards him.

"Mrs. Nandhini Rudransh, you said it today but never again. I am selfish and possessive about my life and YOU are my life"

Suddenly, the atmosphere turned grave replacing all the humour.

"Ansh....I was just joking"

"Never joke about these things. You know everything "

" Ok baba...Now why have you turned into an angry bird.... My handsome husband only looks good with his sexy smile"

Though her words were aimed to bring him out of the past memory , she could see it was not working.

But she was also Nandhini Rudransh who knows exactly what makes her husband tick.

Wrapping her arms around him and standing on his toes, she pulled herself as near to him as possible. With her lips split second from his, she spoke huskily,

" So now my husband is too angry for morning romance"

They were so close together that her lips brushed against his on each word.

Even if he could resist that, the play of her fingers along his nape was his downfall.

With a groan of surrender, he pulled her down onto the bed while catching her lips in a passionate kiss.

" Papa....Mamma...."

It was like a douse of cold water in that hot environment.  They hurried to make themselves presentable before their princess could catch them AGAIN.

Ansh was the first one to reach her side before she could enter further in the room, giving time to Nandhini.

He took her in his arms amd placed a loving kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning ,Princess"

"Good morning, Papa. Why are you so late, I was waiting for you ..... I wanted to have breakfast with you..." Gauravi, Nandhu and Ansh's little princess complained cutely

"Awww.....It's not my fault, Princess. Your Mamma woke me up late. But you give me 10 minutes. I will be there in a jiffy"

" Ok...Papa"

Then he shared a look with Nandhini who was glaring at him for his blatant lie , but with a naughty wink at her, he retreated to get freshen up.

"Princess , we will go downstairs and wait for your Papa....Come..."

As they made their way downstairs, the silence as usual was getting to Nandhini.

She was used to a vibrant and warm environment.  For her, family always meant the presence of elders, the teasing of siblings and the naughtiness of the youngsters....

Even though Ansh had made her life beautiful with his love. She missed THEIR FAMILY. It always pinched her heart that their little princess will always be devoid of THEIR love.

"Mamma, why are you crying?" Nandhini was immediately brought out of her thoughts by Gauravi 's question.

She didn't realize that the memories have invoked such a reaction from her but before she could explain it away, Ansh interfered.

"Princess, does your Mamma need any special invitation to cry. She has always been a cry baby, right?"

"Absolutely right ,Papa"

Saying this they both hi-fied and then got indulged in their world.

With a content smile, Nandhini turned to leave when her hand was caught by Ansh.

After making sure, Gauravi was engaged elsewhere, he turned to his Nandhu.

" It is better to forget those memories that bring tears into your eyes"

"But Ansh..."

"No...Nandhu...I have moved on . It will be good for everyone if you do the same"

Before Nandhini could say anything, he went back to playing with his princess, stopping all the conversations then and there.

" I know better than you know yourself.  Your mouth may have uttered the words but your eyes can't lie. You are asking me to move on when you have not been able to do the same. Don't I know how you visit everynight to that room where you have stored the same memories that you want to move on from.....It may seem impossible but my heart says that one day my wish to see the family united will be fulfilled" she thought as she stood staring at her husband.......