Chapter 9

"Papa...papa.."

"Ha...Princess....Papa is here only"

Gauravi opened her eyes to her Papa's dark brown ones.

Her lips curved into a teary smile as she flung herself into her hero's embrace.

Ansh wrapped his arms protectively around her, more to ensure himself his little princess is safe.

He has been distraught from the moment he came to know about his daughter's disappearance but he was keeping everything within. Now also seeing his daughter so weak with fever was breaking him but he gathered himself for his princess.

Surreptitiously wiping away the tears, he held her close giving her the comfort she craved.

"Papa...."

The teary voice of his princess was creating havoc in him but keeping his emotions in check , he asked

"Yes, Princess?"

"Where you got lost? I missed you so much"

Her innocent question caused him to chuckle and he could only gather her more towards himself while placing a loving kiss on her forehead.

"Wah....You missed Papa...he got lost....No one needs Mama , right? " Nandhu's voice interrupted the father daughter reunion.

Gauravi raised her head to see her mother glaring at her but she could also see the distress in her mother's eyes.

"Mamma...."

Gauravi called out to her Mamma with wobbling lips.

Nandhu rushed to her side to take her into a warm hug. She burst out into tears as finally her baby is in her arms.

She couldn't fathom how she survived these three days without her.

Gauravi on the other hand felt safe to be in her mother's embrace and father's arms.

"Mamma, I missed you too...."

"Ya...ya...we all know whom you missed more"

"Really....now...Nandhu" Ansh sounded amused at this usual display of jealous banter between mother and  daughter.

"Papa....Does Mamma look more green today?"

Ansh shaked his head in disbelief at his daughter's mischief but he also know that his wife will fall for that hook, link and sinker.

"You are saying that I am jealous of you, you little devil"

"Of course Mamma....afterall Papa loves me the most"

"From where did you get this misunderstanding? Your Papa is my husband first and he loves ME the most" she replied with a smirk

Gauravi narrowed her eyes at her Mamma, then with a pout turned to her Papa.

"Papa, You love me the most, na...."

"Ansh, You love me the most na..." Nandhu too mimicked Gauravi.

Both of them were looking at Ansh so innocently while rapidly blinking their eyes.

They were looking so cute and so similar that he couldn't resist laughing out loud.

"I am so not getting in between both of you" he responded while laughing.

"Please Papa..."

"Please Ansh..."

"Seriously, Nandhu. She has the excuse of being a kid but you.."

"Arey...what do I need an EXCUSE to ask whether my husband loves me" Nandhu asked indignantly

Ansh palmed his face at this childishness when Gauravi held his hand.