Chapter 11

A smile bloomed on Niranjan's face as he watched his brothers.

For the first time after they have met, he is seeing the glimpse of the old Ansh as he stood there laughing with his family and Omkar.

He so wanted to go and hug him but the chains of past is holding him back.

"He changed so much "

Dhru said as he came to stand by Niranjan's side.

"Hmmmm.....5 years ago, he left as an young man but now returned as a responsible and loving husband and an even greater father" Niranjan replied to Dhru

The pride in Niranjan's voice was so evident that Dhru couldn't resist smiling.

"What!"

"Nothing....just thinking that he had an ideal example in front of him"

"No, Dhru....I should not be anybody's ideal......I failed in all aspects...as a crown prince....a brother...a father....yes I did...." Niranjan sternly stated when Dhru tried to cut in.

"When my child required me to stand by his side, I couldn't and that is the biggest regret of my life that I will carry to my grave"

"Bhaiya, it was not your fault.We all know how much you tried but at the end it was not in your hands"

"My efforts were not enough, Dhru. His anger is justified"

"He is not angry , Ranjan but hurt.... badly. The brother in him has long forgiven you. It is the child in him that you have to pacify...."

Dhriti smiled as she joined the brothers.

"....and you have the best comrade with you now that you will not fail at all...."

The brothers furrowed their brows in confusion.

"Nandhini...." she said

Seeing them gape wide eyed at her mention , Dhriti laughed out loud.

"Dhriti....Nandhini...?"

"Nandhini?....Bhabhi"

She could understand their astonishment so was she when she talked to Nadhini.

"She is pure love, Ranjan. Her love for Ansh is unparalleled. She wants his absolute happiness and she knows that he is incomplete without his brothers"

Niranjan's eyes misted as his eye darted to the girl. He knew her from the time she was born. She grew up in this palace only. After loosing her mother in childbirth, her father was her whole world but she lost him in the same accident Niranjan lost his mother and Ansh, his parents. Her father was their security guard.

"Papa....papa too left me....I have no one"

"I am there na.... I will always be there....Ansh will never ever leave his Nandhu's side"

"Sachi..?"

"Muchi...."

This was the promise an 8 year old Ansh made to his 5 year old Nandhu . It has been 19 years and he had never once wavered from it.

They all have been a witness to their love story. His protectiveness....her care....his madness....her craziness....and most of all their passionate love for each other.

Her world started from Ansh and ended on him. It has always been like that. Seems like 5 years have not changed it.

Then how could they even.... Niranjan's thoughts trailed off.

Beside him, the condition of Dhru was no better.

Once again guilt assauged him. Even if for a moment, his belief also faltered.