Chapter 7

To the stunned atmosphere,  suddenly a booming laughter was heard.

All turned astonished at the source.

It was none other than the great Alok Suryavanshi.

More than anyone, Niranjan became emotional. It has been years since he heard his father's laughter. Yes, he smiled but laughter.....that have been absent from the time he had lost his mother.

With the remnants of the smile, Alok walked towards Gauravi.

For the first time in forever,  Alok bowed down in front of someone.

Varying degrees of emotions were flitting through the faces of the family members.

Dhriti and Niranjan were happy and emotional as was Ashutosh and Padmini.

While Reva was slightly disturbed seeing this new change.

For Omkar, Dhru and Sadhavi, it was nothing less of a shock.

"Gauravi...." Alok pronounced as if testing the name

"  Pride....so you are...."

Then turning to Niranjan he continued,

"Dispose any number of men but find her parents soon. They will be frantic....anyone would be...."

After placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, he walked away without waiting for an answer and Reva followed him.

The silence that followed his actions were so soothing that it could wash away all the troubles in it's wake.

The brothers and the girls were still standing overwhelmed by what they witnessed when Ashutosh and Padmini approached Gauravi.

Taking her in his arms, Ashutosh kissed her on each of her cheek.

"You really are an angel. You accomplished the one thing that even the sons of this house were never able to do" he said with a smile.

Gauravi gave a cute smile on hearing the compliment and mirrored his actions.

"You are not as scary as the other uncle, Uncle"

Her conspiratorial whisper widened the smile on Ashutosh's face.

Her every action was reminding him of someone very dear but shaking away the lump in his throat he replied,

"I am too old to be your Uncle. Call me....." he wavered for a moment before saying,

" Chote Dadu"

Every eye jerked towards him and the realization struck them.

If not for the past incident, then a little prince or princess would have been playing in their garden too.  This reminder of the past was a slap on their face.

"Chote Dadu?"

Hearing their angel's voice, everyone blinked off the tears that rushed to their eyes.

"Then who is Bade Dadu?" frowned Gauravi

"The other uncle"

"Awwww....the scary one?" She asked wide eyed bringing chuckles all around.

" You are really cute , Beta " Padmini said while placing a kiss on her little palm.

"Call me Choti Dadi or....your Beast Uncle's Mamma" Padmini completed while eyeing Dhru in a teasing way.

"Mamma" Dhru glared at her which she ignored royally for the little imp.

Dhru scowled as everyone was having fun at his expense. He so wanted to storm away but didn't want to appear childish in front of a child.

Turning to Dhriti and Sadhavi, Padmini said,