Chapter 35

" Papa...."

Ansh turned to see his Princess , standing with an angry pout.

" Princess..." he gingerly called out.

But the narrowing of her eyes , cautioned him to the upcoming storm.
After all , she have inherited her mother's angry gene.

" What happened to Papa's Princess?"
Ansh asked while kneeling down to her height.

Instead of replying, she furrowed her brows while squinting her eyes.

Not understanding her action, Ansh asked again.

" What are you doing, Princess?"

"Mein ghoor rahi hoon....Bade Papa ki tarah...Mamma says you are only afraid of his glare"

Ansh stared at her wide eyed, then laughed out loud.

Even being in the midst of a cyclone, her one childish act was able to warm and lighten up his heart as nothing else could do.

"Papa, you are laughing at your princess" Gauravi asked sadly while her eyes started welling up, misinterpreting him.

Seeing his Princess tearing up, Ansh rushed to gather her in his arms.

"Arre...Arree.....Mere Bacha...Rona nahi.....I was not laughing at you....Will your papa ever hurt his little princess?" Ansh questioned while wiping the moisture that began twinkling in her eyes.

Her tears are always Ansh's weakness. He can't bear his princess's eyes becoming wet even if it is for fake.

Gauravi looked at her Papa earnestly. Seeing him showing his puppy dog eyes, just like her, brought a smile to her face.

" I know but I am still mad at you"

" Why, Princess?" Ansh asked perplexed.

"Because now you don't have time to play with your Princess"

Gauravi stated while folding her arms across her chest.

Ansh's eyes softened at her complaint.

He suddenly realized how true it was.

Even if immersed in a maze of problems, he should have made sure that his baby is not ignored.

Ansh felt guilty and berrated himself for the same.

With regret, he caressed Gauravi's face.

"Sorry,  my Princess.... Please forgive your Papa...I promise....I won't ever repeat this.... His Princess will always come first....." Ansh said with a sad smile while holding his ear in apology.

Gauravi's face instantlyshined with happiness as she hugged Ansh wholeheartedly,  whole matter forgotten as only an innocent child could do. Afterall, she also can't remain angry at her dear Papa for too long.

" So now Papa will listen to his Princess the WHOLE day" Gauravi commanded

" Yes Boss" Ansh too replied with a salute.

Gauravi then broke out in giggles seeing his actions as Ansh hugged her warmly to his chest.

" Papa...." she murmered against his chest

"Hmmm...."

" Why did you look sad earlier?"

Ansh turned to look at Gauravi on her innocent question.

Those guileless eyes prompting him to speak the words of his heart.

"Your Papa hurt a person whom he love  for another, who is also very much near to his heart....He loves them both too much and is torn between them"