Chapter 23

" Sadhavi"

She stiffened at the voice but still turned around to face Tara.

Once upon a time , they were friends too. Though she may be more closer to Dhru, never once Sadhavi thought she will be standing opposite her.

The past 5 years have shown Sadhavi how relationships can change in the blink of an eye.

Though there were family around her, she missed that one person who could understand her unconditionally especially during those vicious media attack.

Being part of a royal family means always being in the public eye. Even when they were able to suppress the actual reason of Nandhini and Ansh leaving, still it was like a circus then just imagine what would have been the scenario if they got hold of the full truth.

All they wanted was a juicy bone and seeing no masala around their leaving, they latched onto the next, DhruTara. That is what they called them.

The absentee wife and the omnipresent friend made a good story. Though she never believed in these gossips, still it hurt her tremendously on finding her husband's name linked to another.

But what crushed her was her husband choosing her to confide his pain while leaving his wife behind.

Sadhavi could understand friendship. She had a similar one with Ansh but what she couldn't comprehend is foresaking all others for the one.

" Sadhavi"

Shaking herself out of the painful memories, she looked towards Tara indifferently.

"I know our relationship had gotten complicated over the years but trust me I never once wished you bad.....I am not justifying whatever happened was right but know that, then it just was not in our hands..... But what is happening now is in yours, Sadhavi"

Sadhavi was bewildered to see the agitation reflecting both in her words and eyes.

" What do you mean, Tara?"

Though she didn't want to indulge her, Sadhavi couldn't resist asking.

" I meant what you did downstairs "

" What I did..." Sadhavi trailed off in confusion but then taking a deep breathe continued in a voice lacing with irritation,

"Tara, Jo bolna hain saaf saaf bolo, bat ko ghumao mat"

"I can understand your frustration. But the chasm in your and Dhru's relationship cannot be mend by making him jealous. You are just making the matters worse....Believe me...."

Sadhavi was astounded by her accusation but more than that at her audacity to question their relationship.

"Fight for what is yours....I am not talking about Bhaiyu but about your self respect. It is in your hands, either you can make it or break it"

She realised with a start how right Ansh was. Her silent acquiescence till now has been taken as her weakness but not anymore...

Folding her hands across her chest and holding her head high, she walked towards Tara.

She could still see the edginess in Tara's eyes which was increasing with every step she took.

Finally, stopping within an inch of her, she spoke without mincing words.

"Whatever and wherever our relationship may stand, I don't need to take advise from you. You are his best friend. Have I ever intruded upon that? No, right. So please don't interfere in mine..... "

With these sharp clean words, Sadhavi turned to go. Then as an after thought , she looked back and what she said left Tara flabbergasted.

"I don't play games, especially for the ones for whom I don't matter.....or for those who don't matter to ME..."