Chapter 29

It was like a thousand stab wounds seeing his brother like this.

Up close , Niranjan could see the exhaustion on Dhru's face.

The shadow under his eyes, the stress lines on his forehead were all screaming his brother's state of mind.

Niranjan caressed Dhru's face as he took in his unconscious form.

He was always aware of Dhru's anger management issues but what he saw today was far from ordinary.

As he glanced around, his eyes stuck on the devastated form of Sadhavi flagged by Dhriti and Nandhini.

While he could see the concern in both Dhriti and Nandhini's eyes, it was the fear and worry depicted for Dhru in his wife's eyes that pinched Niranjan's heart.

Averting his gaze from the numerous questions lurking in those innocent eyes, his eyes locked on his Chotu.

From the moment, they have brought Dhru to his room, Ansh has been unusually quiet.

Niranjan could feel the regret emanating from him.

Knowing his Chotu, he know Ansh would be blaming himself.

But he cannot allow him to condemn himself  for all the wrong reasons.

" It's not your fault"

Ansh looked into the reassuring eyes of his Bhaiya.

When his Bhaiyu collapsed in their arms, it had shook him to the very core.

He was berating himself for his Bhaiyu's condition when he heard Niranjan.

It may be mere four words but it held the line between life and death for Ansh. It helped him in assauging his guilt to a great extent.

Releasing a deep breath, Ansh closed his eyes washing away the guilt behind a trail of tears.

Seeing his family helpless, acted like a trigger , awakening Niranjan to action.

He needed answers and there is only person who could give him the right ones.

Tara

As a hunter to a prey he turned towards her.

" What did you do, Tara?" he repeated again.

Though Tara was expecting the inquisition, she was far from ready.

On one side she was relieved that finally the truth will be out but on the other she was scared of the outcome to the reality.

She gulped down her nervousness seeing Niranjan walk towards her with the gait of a tiger and eyes, cold as ice.

Now she understood why Dhru used to say that he is a lamb in front of The Niranjan Suryavanshi.

" What... Did... You... Give... Him?.....Why... Did... He... React... Like That?...What Are You Hiding?What...." he was asking with gritted teeth when
Dhriti's voice interrupted his tirade.

" Ranjan..."

Niranjan looked on as she walked over to stand beside him.

Even the strongest of the strong shiver in front of Niranjan, when he need them to be, so it is not a wonder to see the girl literally  shaking in her boots.

They need her to be complaisant not scared.

With a warning look to Niranjan,  she turned to Tara.

She may have never liked Tara but never hated her too. 

If it was not for the pain she caused Sadhavi , Dhriti could have made a cordial relationship with her.

But now the situation demands she keep her grudge aside for the questions for which only Tara can  answer.