Chapter 36

He stared at the girl in front of him. To an unobservant eye, she may appear calm and poise but the way her fingers twist the edge of her duppatta and the darting eyes were all screaming out her anxiety.

With eyes still on her, he forwarded a glass of water.

Sadhavi looked up and with a grateful smile, accepted it.

Akash couldn't control the curve of his lips on seeing the urgency by which Sadhavi gulped down the water.

She looked cute and a lot younger to her age but he also was aware that she had gone through pain more than anyone in their life time.

As a Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist, he had seen many people, both as patients and otherwise but this is the first time that he was not able to get a grip on anyone.

To be honest, Akash was mystified on seeing Sadhavi.

When Dhru ranted about his Sadhavi, he expected a chirpy and dainty girl who carried simplicity as her jewellery but was quite surprised to find just the opposite.

It has been two months to their meet. Even though , they met many times in between to discuss about Dhru, it had always been in the presence of other family members.

Though it scratched somewhere in his mind, he dismissed her demure to the transition from a girl to a woman but his perception crashed to the ground at their last meet.

Sadhavi had come with Rudransh. The submissive, emotional girl was long gone and he was able to witness the remnant of the girl Dhru described.

A doubt has taken root in his mind from that moment. That is why he had requested Niranjan for this meeting with Sadhavi alone.

Till now, he never realised how much Dhru's medical recovery is interlinked to his personal aspect.

With hindsight, today he was able to see through the mask she had adorned on her face but beyond that she is still a beautiful mystery.

And Akash thrives on mystery.

"So Mrs. Suryavanshi, how are you doing?"

Though her heart was hammering inside, Sadhavi spoke with all the confidence she could muster , far cry from which she was experiencing.

" Sadhavi....Call me Sadhavi and I am doing good.....I know you want to talk about Dhruvah....."

But before she could continue, Akash interrupted.

" On the contrary,  Mrs.Sury...I mean Sadhavi. I wanted to talk to you about YOU"

Hearing Akash, Sadhavi was taken aback.

" About me?"

" Yes"

" What about me? I mean, don't take me wrong but I ..do..n't have any prob..lem that will be... needing.. your.. assistance....?"

Even though she meant it as a statement ,it came out as a question.

" Are you asking me?" he further queried

For a moment, she stared at Akash not able to understand what is happening.

When Niranjan asked her to meet with Akash she had assumed it was something pertaining to Dhru but this line of questioning is throwing her off the loop. It feels like she is the target.

"I think we are wasting time"

Sadhavi stood up to go but before she could even reach the door, his next words stopped her in her tracks.

" Why are you running away?"

With wide eyes, she stared back at him....dumbstruck.

The question riled her up as nothing else could.