25

*lexi's pov*

I grabbed Colby's hand and we left the hospital. We walked over to the rental car and Colby pulled out his phone to make sure we could rent a room at the Stanley still.

"We aren't on a time crunch so if we want we can go eat or something," Colby said putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Yes, I'm starving," I said walking backwards to talk to Sam and Colby for a second before turning back around.

"Agreed," Sam said unlocking the car and hopping in. Sam got in the drivers seat and Colby and I sat in the back seat.

"Where we going to eat?" Sam asked, while opening the GPS.

"McDonald's," I instantly said not wanting to go in to eat.

"Agreed unless we stop at the hotel first then I'll eat out," Colby said looking down at his outfit

"Okay, but your clothes are in the trunk, we don't need to go to the room" I said reaching in the back and grabbing my suitcase.

"Lexi..." Colby said pointing his eyes in Sam's direction.

"Don't worry I use to get dressed in the car all the time," I said before realizing what I said, "not like that, it was for softball cause I was lazy and did things last minute."

"Uh huh sure," Sam said smiling and laughing

"Shut up," I said laughing

"We still haven't decided on where we are going," Sam said scrolling through places to eat in Estes Park.

"Just pick a place that has a good burger and isn't expensive," I said pulling out a black crop with a blue butterfly on it.

"Okay," Sam said continuing to scroll.

I then found my baggy ripped jeans and set them aside with my shirt. I zipped up my suitcase and threw it in the back. I grabbed Colby's and threw it at him so he could pick his clothes out.

I stole on of Colby's sweatshirts and put it over the shirt I had on but I kept my arms in the sweater.

"I'm interested to see you do this successfully," Colby said laughing

"Watch and learn," I said pulling my arms into my shirt I had underneath and pulled it over my head. I put my arms through the sweater and grabbed my other shirt and put it over my head.

I pulled my arms out from the hoodie again and grabbed the shirt. I pulled it down a little before I put my arms through the shirt. I adjusted the shirt then pulled off the hoodie.

"Tada!" I said shaking my hands.

"You're not done, this is the part I want to see," Colby said with a small laugh and pointed at my pants.

I took off my shoes and set them aside. I put my baggy pants over my cargos, which was decently difficult. I undid my cargos and pulled them slowly out from under my jeans. I pulled one leg out and the the other.

"Now what?" Colby said sarcastically thinking my cargos were stuck in my jeans.

I pulled one leg of the cargos until they were out of my jeans. I threw my cargos at Colby's face and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Don't doubt me," I said laughing at Colby

"Got to admit you surprised me," Colby said throwing my pants back at me.

"What are you guys doing?" Sam asked seeing the pants flying.

"Nothing!" Me and Colby both said in sync. We both stared at each other, jaws dropped.

"We did it!" Colby said jolting up from his seat.

"We did!" I said putting my hand up for a high five and Colby completely missed my hand causing us to laugh even more.

I quickly put my shoes back on and then reached in the back for my brush. I grabbed my brush and I saw the bracelet Colby got me so I put it on quick. I gave Colby his sweater when I sat back down and I just threw my clothes in the trunk.

Colby took out one of his XPLR shirts and a pair of ripped jeans from his suitcase. He took off his shoes and set them on the seat in between us. Colby took off his shirt slowly.

My eyes glued to my favorite tattoo, his rose. I mind wanted to move my eyes but my heart didn't.

"What about 'Penelope's old time burgers?'," Sam asked making my eyes shift finally.

"Sounds perfect," I said trying to keep my eyes off of Colby until he got fully changed.

"I'm cool with that," Colby said putting his shirt on.

"Okay we will go there," Sam said, "I'll just stay in this outfit cause I really don't feel like changing."

"I think we need to disown you for not wanting to wear comfy clothes," I said not being able to contain my smile.

"Agreed," Colby said

I pulled out my phone to keep my eyes from wandering. I went to my insta and I saw my new amount of followers. My jaw dropped.

"Umm, what the fuck," I said under my breath.

"What?" Colby asked sliding on his shoes

I showed him my phone screen and his jaw quickly dropped

"Already?!?" He said

"What?" Sam asked looking at me in the mirror

"10 million followers on instagram..." I said trailing off

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Sam shouted slamming one of his hands on the wheel, "congratulations!"

"Thank you, I can't believe it," I said, "it kinda feels wrong."

"What do you mean, wrong?" Colby asked fixing his rings.

"It feels like I'm using you I guess," I said looking at the floor by Colby's feet then his face.

"Aww Angel, you're not using me. That is just how being on social media works." Colby said lightly grabbing my hand, "trust me, I know what it is like to be used, and you're not that person."

I looked into his eyes and just nodded ever so slightly. My phone buzz broke the silence. It was a notification from twitter.

My stomach dropped once I saw the name of the messenger, Theo Rafferty. Someone I haven't talked to them since, 2 years ago, and haven't wanted to talk to since. I felt my eyes begin to water and my thumb shake, unable to click on the message.