Chapter 30

Sex with the most beautiful woman in the world and a scheduled round of golf? Best fuckin' day

Everything we just did. Scratch that. Everything I just drew out of Talia is permanently wiring itself into my brain to be played over and over again. The way her body moved and writhed against me. The way she moaned so much her voice started to give out like a smoker trying to talk. Everything that just transpired is fueling a blissful buzz in my body.

Why did I wait so long to do that? The answer seems so far away like it just dipped under the horizon leaving only colorful remnants in its wake.

After getting dressed, I manage to convince Talia to get some sleep next to me. It doesn't take much of a fight as Talia is slightly intoxicated from what just occurred, just like I am, with her long drawn-out blinks and slow movements.

She's nestling against me in the spooning position, the original gateway drug to this high we're in, after putting her clothes back on. "Please don't tell anyone," she whispers.

My heart sinks. Is she already regretting this decision? "Tell anyone what?"

"That I'm scared of turbulence."

Tension in my shoulders instantly releases. A small smile tugs at my lips before I take in a deep breath. I want to kiss her until I erase everything that plagues her mind. But Talia likes an even playing field so that's what I'm going to give her. "I'm scared of spiders."

"What?"

"They're so creepy and crawly like they're out to get you and eat you alive."

Talia's body shakes against me as she laughs.

I smile and close my eyes, relishing the sound of her laugh against my eardrums.

After a few moments of silence and all sorts of pleasant activity in my stomach, Talia speaks. "Lucas?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think I can beat you at golf?"

"Not a chance in hell."

"I guess it's only fair that you see my golf skills after I had to witness your dance skills."

I laugh and she joins before I say, "I thought I did a great job with that routine. Ana gave me a gold star at the end of it."

"For effort. That star was for effort."

"Whatever. I crushed it." I lift my eyelids and take in the slope of her waist in front of me before quickly dropping them again. Talia needs to relax and get some sleep for the long day we have. This isn't the time for round two.

"Have you ever been to Vegas before?" she asks in a quiet, relaxed tone.

"Yeah. A couple of times. Have you?"

"Yeah. I hate it."

"Hate it?" While I don't think Vegas is all that it's cracked up to be, I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it.