Chapter 35

We last about two songs before we start making out in the middle of the dance floor

We last about two songs before we start making out in the middle of the dance floor. I can't remember the last time I let myself this loose with anyone. My moments of reprieve in my dance sessions are nothing compared to dancing with Lucas surrounded by people we don't know. It's categorically electric. We're free to do whatever we please and that's exactly what we're doing.

Lucas' body molded against my backside as we moved with the music. His large hand pressed over my stomach, sending heat everywhere. It wasn't long before his erection pressed up against me.

And then somehow now we find ourselves kissing as if the apocalypse is due any moment. Our hands move over every part of each other's bodies, pressing and gripping. Our lips and tongues move together so intensely, that my knees will likely give out at any moment.

"Okay, I'm ready to go back to the hotel," I say breathlessly as I break away from his lips.

A hint of pink dusts his cheeks and the freckles I can stare at all day long come into focus. He nods before grabbing my hand and leading the way out of the club.

We walk wordlessly back to our hotel. The cool night air provides some relief from the residual heat on my skin. Yet, my heart continues to pump hard in anticipation of what we're about to do.

This day with Lucas is like a dream I don't want to wake up from. This warm, sweet, melt-into-the-ground type feeling I have toward him is growing faster by the second. How could it have happened? It wasn't that long ago that I wanted to see Lucas fail a thousand times over. Perhaps it's the new scenery? A new place to assume new identities. I used to hate Vegas, but now it's the setting for this game of love we're tiptoeing around. Tonight is our last night here. Who knows if we'll ever get a chance to be this open and carefree? We'll be back in our offices, back to normal life, tomorrow.

We stay quiet up to my room, hands still interlaced together. Neither of us seems to want to break out of this bubble we've created for ourselves.

As soon as I open the door, I take in a deep breath while leading him inside. Something is different between us. Something much deeper and intoxicating, fueling me like I'm an addicted gambler at a poker table. I can't fold without seeing what the next card holds.

Lucas turns on the lamp, casting a warm, dim glow over the space, before sitting down on the plush, white blanket of my bed and taking his shoes off.

My heart beats harder and the sound travels up to my ears mingling with the echoes of the club. I've had sex with Lucas before, but the impending moment in this room feels much more intimate. Maybe it's being completely alone with him. There isn't the thrill of someone accidentally walking in. It's just me and him, my enemy turned friend turned who the hell knows what.

"Come here," he says gently as we continue to eye each other from across the room.

I move toward him and place my hands on the sides of his head once I stop in between his legs. Our lips meet in a slow and sensual kiss as Lucas' hands meet my waist.