9 ~ 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

Buckle up babes, lots of info to take in. You'll see a lot of information from Gabby's past life. They aren't necessarily direct flashbacks or anything, just details on how Gabriella's life used to be.

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

Next day - back at school (Monday)

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned at the sound of my very loud and irritating alarm. 

I slowly sat myself and up and cracked my back. 

My room was pitch black. I reached over my headboard and slightly opened the little curtain of my balcony open. Small streaks of light danced across my bedroom walls. 

I lazily got up and trudged to the bathroom and showered. Once I had finished showering, brushing my teeth and washing my face, I sifted through my closet to find an outfit for the day.

It was mid-January, so I decided to wear a jumper dress. It was probably the most recent thing I have ever bought for myself, and quite possibly the most expensive too. I had bought it during my senior year of high school after my shift at work. 

At the time, I was running out of things to wear for school. I was already bullied a lot, however the bullying definitely intensified once everyone figured out what kind of background I came from. They used to love making fun of my clothing choices, especially since I usually wore the same hoodie almost everyday. Unfortunately for me, it was the only article of clothing I had that was oversized. All the rest of my clothes fit, however they were too tight or 'showy'. I had the choice of wearing something provocative and resulting in the boys... giving me their usual... 'punishment', or wearing something baggy and risk getting bullied for being 'poor' and 'weird'.

I pulled on the dress and wore some tights, before grabbing my phone and and books and placing them in my backpack ready for the day ahead.

I walked down the stairs with my backpack and headphones in hand. I slipped on my black boots before grabbing my keys, ready to leave. However, before I stepped out of the door, I did a double-take to check if my dad was home or not. He wasn't. Surprise, surprise.

I set off for my walk to school. The route I take to walk to school passes a few parks and children's playgrounds. 

As I was walking past, I noticed so many children running around and having fun. A large group of kids sat in the sand pit and looked like they were spinning around in a circle. The closer I approached, I could hear them all singing.

"Ring-a ring-a roses"

"A pocket full of posies"

"A-tissue, a-tissue"