12 ~ 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

Tuesday (the next day)

I stirred in my sleep. I felt so uncomfortable and it was only when I started to wake up that I realised why. I woke up on the floor. I had a terrible headache and I felt so cold. 

I sat up and felt pain in my back from the position I was sleeping in. I cracked my limbs and stretched my body. I tried to stand up, but the pain hurt too much. Then I realised that the pain was a combination of sleeping on the floor and falling on my back yesterday when I bumped into Aiden. 

Carefully, I lifted myself up to a stand but groaned as soon as I stood upright. My stomach started churning and I quickly ran to my bathroom. I crashed to the floor and released all the contents of my stomach into my bathroom sink.

I lifted my head up once I was done and saw the sink filled with foam? My emesis was foamy.

I tried to lift myself up, but still felt to sick to stand up properly, so I decided to crawl instead. I made my way back to my bedroom on my all-fours and located my phone on my bed, where I had left it yesterday. I picked it up and noticed a uncountable amount of messages and notifications. That was weird. I ignored them for the time being and tried to google why my vomit was frothing. 

"You might vomit foam when you have a stomach bug, eat too many fatty or acidic foods, drink too much alcohol, or take certain types of medication."

The amount of medication I took must have caused me to feel this sick. I grimaced at the churning feeling in my stomach and gripped onto it tightly. 

All of a sudden, there was a knock at my door.

"Gabby? Open up please."

It was my dad.

As much as I was upset at my dad's taste of friends, I felt too sick to care.

Trepidatiously, I crawled over to the door and turned the rusty key until it clicked. My dad opened the door from the outside and I crawled backwards so I wouldn't get hit. He walked in and closed the door behind himself.

"It's late. Shouldn't you be at college?" he asked me staring at the floor. However, as soon as his eyes met my face, his question was answered. "Are you okay Gabby? You look really pale."

I coughed in response. 

"Sorry Gabby, I have to go to work now but I'll let your college know you're sick, okay?"

I nodded in understanding and accepted my dad's hand when he tried to lift me up. He helped me get in bed before leaving to go to work. 

I rolled over onto my side and fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

There was a ringing in my ear. The lights in the living room were as bright as the sun and flooding my head with a terrible headache pain. 

I slowly lifted up and saw a young girl. Like a leaf in the wind, the child was shaking. She stood in front of a man who sitting on the couch in front of her. I couldn't see his face, his back was facing me and his front facing the girl.

"She's dead." I heard a cold voice mutter.

"Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity.

"It means, she isn't here anymore." The other voice explained in a monotone voice.

"Where did she go?" The girl continued questioning the motionless figure. Her strikingly green eyes were brimmed red with unshed tears. Abruptly, her bottom lip quivered and her brows furrowed and pulled together, creating creases on her soft, porcelain skin.