13 ~ 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

Wednesday (next day)

I groaned and woke up from my nap. Only it wasn't a nap. 

I checked my phone and saw it was 5am. I had been asleep for around 10 hours.

Feeling a lot better than the previous day, I lifted myself out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I still felt a bit sick but looked generally better so I decided to get ready for college. I quickly showered and brushed my teeth before choosing an outfit - just a hoodie and leggings. 

I grabbed my backpack, phone and old headphones before walking downstairs. It was still early so I looked around to see if my dad was home.

He wasn't.

I sat on the couch in the living room, staring at the ceiling in silence. I didn't know what else to do. 

I looked around the room and noticed that the door to my dad's room was creaked open.

Don't Gabriella.

Don't do it.

I knew I shouldn't do it, but I was just too curious since my last time visiting my dad's bedroom.

So I did it.

I got up and walked over to the door. I poked my head in to make sure no one was in there before entering.

It looked almost the exact same from when I had last entered, besides from the bed looking slept on. There were still little, white powdered bags under his bed, there was still rubbish all over the floor, there was still a bedside table and the brown, chest drawer was still sitting there under the bedroom window.

I gave the room a glance trying to figure out what I wanted to do now that I was in it. I walked over to the chest drawers and opened each drawer, it was still the same as how I had left it, all the pictures and everything.

I gave the room another once-over before locking eyes with the bedside table. It was locked the last time I had tried to open it. Anxiously, I tiptoed over to the drawer and attempted to open it, and... it opened. It wasn't locked like it usually was.

I reached into the draw with mixed feelings of anxiety and excitement. However, those emotions switched to confusion when I pulled out the blue pills my dad had made me take a few days prior. Why had these been locked up?

I tried to figure out why my dad had locked away the pills, before noticing something else in the drawer. It looked like a thick ream of papers. 

I reached into the drawer and, to my surprise, found a single newspaper. I opened it and skimmed through it. 

 Young schoolgirl Isabella Ayala Contreras found missing...

Left a note for her parents saying "she fell in love"...

Isabella ran away from home for an older man in another state...

Her parents convinced she was kidnapped and the letter was a coverup...

"Our little Isabella would never run away. Especially not for a boy, it's just not like her!" Explained Isabella's mother Maria to Riverside Weekly...

I was shocked to read the contents of the newspaper. It seemed like a young girl named Isabella ran away from home for a guy or something like that. But why did my dad have a copy locked away in one of his drawers? - his bedside table no less.