11 ~ 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

Monday (after school)

I ran out of that building like my hair was on fire. I could not stay in a college where everyone slut shamed me and thought I was some kind of creep. 

I attended Riverside so I could actually get an education and career; I didn't want to end up anything like my dad. I wanted to do good for myself, but of course that couldn't happen to me! I mean I am Gabriella-Nailea Ramirez, the universe just hates me!

Stressed and anxious, I sprinted all the way to 'Wards'. My shift wasn't supposed to be until after school, but it didn't really matter. I was too unresponsive to care.

I started washing all the glasses and cleaning all the countertops from the previous day. The weekends were always the busiest and neither me nor Blake had time to clean up in preparation for today. 

Briskly, I finished cleaning everything and looked up at the clock. 13:50. None of the students had been let out yet as college wasn't over. 

I sighed and took a seat on a barstool. As I was waiting for the bar to open, I replayed every single moment of the day so far:

It was mid-January, so I decided to wear a jumper dress . . .

Before I stepped out of the door, I did a double-take to see if my dad was home. He wasn't. Surprise, surprise . . .

"Ring-a ring-a roses . . ."

I was so envious of these children . . .

GROSS-HISTORY-FACTS . . .

"My name is Mrs Jones, and I'm going to be your substitute Biology teacher for the day, woohoo"  . . .

"I'm guessing Gabriella's pretty bummed about that . . ."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA . . . "

"EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP . . ."

"I-I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention and I should have been looking where I was going . . ."

"Did someone hurt you?" . . . 

The memory of Aiden trying to help me is what dragged me out of my mind. My body tensed at the reminders of the day. I couldn't believe that so much had happened in just a matter of a few hours.

Dazed and confused, I rubbed my temples with the tips of my fingers. My mind was as foggy as a cloudy, night sky. However, the most troubling memory is what filled my mind.

The laughter and comments continued, however a very angry voice silenced everyone.

"EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Blake standing at the entrance of the door. I looked at him in horror. I completely forgot he was even in this class and now he heard all of the comments everyone was making. He made eye contact with me and I could see the fury in his eyes.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?" Blake roared loudly. 

I panicked at the memory. I couldn't believe he had stood up for me like that. I appreciated it, but hated it just as much. It was so kind, yet the worst thing that he could have possible had done to me. He was trying to defend me, but somehow he ended up embarrassing not only me, but himself too.

I haven't been at Riverside long, but I've always been aware of Blake's status. Him and his friends are always the centre of attention wherever they go. I think him working for the college newspaper has definitely lifted his popularity levels on campus. Of course he's popular though! I mean Blake is funny, kind and cute. Who doesn't like him?