chapter 1 || finger painting

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Grade two.

Third person POV:

Alexander presses her finger onto Jenna's face, leaving a purple fingerprint on her cheek. "hey!" Jenna exclaims, reaching for her friend with her red painted hand in order to get payback, "eww no get off me Jenna!" Alexander's words filled with laughter as paint smears onto the two girls' clothes.

"Alexander, Jenna. Enough." The teachers says as Jenna rolls her eyes, pulling her weight off of her best friend as Alexander sticks her tongue out playfully, Jenna returning it. "Anyways, my mom is trying to get me onto more lessons for acting, do you think it'll work out?" Jenna continues her conversation, she was always passionate about acting, and loved to rant to Alexander about her fantasies. "I'm sure you'll get millions of jobs Jenny." Alexander's warm tone comforts the girl, as Jenna smiles back at her.

"Alright kids! put your paintings on the drying rack neatly, and sit down at the carpet!" Alexander and Jenna get up from their seats, as they walk over to the crowd of kids waiting to put their finger paintings in the drying rack. soon enough the two girls set their paintings down, and joined the class on the carpet, sitting by the back. "Today we're going to be discussing about careers." The teacher continues, "to start us off, I'll be asking everyone what would they like to be when they grow up?" The teacher picks up a paper off the desk, and started to read out the kids' names.

"Lilly?" "model!"
"Conner?" "umm, soccer player."
"Adam?" "Comedian."

"He'll do good at that, he already embarrasses himself enough." Alexander mumbles to Jenna with her jaw clenched, earning a quiet snicker from her. The list went on, until the teacher finally called out,

"Jenna?" Jenna opened her mouth slightly, then closed it, anxiety looming over her. Alexander noticed, glancing at her and nudging her softly, giving her a warm smile in comfort, as Jenna takes breath, "Actress." The teacher nods satisfied.

"what about you, Alexander?" The young girl sat there for a moment, she never really thought about what she might want to do, "I don't know." She finally lets out, "as long as I'm with Jenna." The teacher purses her lips, trying not to insult the young girl, however her classmates thought otherwise.

A few of the girls snickered, while others rolled their eyes, "boring." Conner muttered, making Alexander get hit with a wash of sadness. she curled up, wrapping her arms around her knees as Jenna scoots closer, rubbing her back as she shoots a glare to Conner.

"Alright class settle down. Alexander, you're going to have to figure out something, because for today we're going to be writing about what you might want to be in the future and why." Alexander let out a sigh, as the rest of the class go up from the carpet, walking over to their seats.

"You alright?" Jenna asks, as Alexander glances to her, "I'll be fine." she says in a soft tone, smiling slightly at Jenna, as the two stand up and walk over to their usual spot. The desk had a piece of paper on it printed in bold letters, 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' Alexander took a pencil from her pencil case, setting the led down onto the paper, before raising it again. What did she want to be?

She thought long and hard, about something that might bring her to a good future, but would also be able to stay in touch with her best friend, but she couldn't think of anything.

Alexander pressed her eyes into her palms, groaning as Jenna looks to her laughing slightly, "Come on Alex, there's really nothing on your mind that you might want to do when you grow up?" Alexander sighs, shaking her head annoyed. Jenna rests her chin on her fist, "what about a camera women?" Alexander's head perks up, "a what?"

"you know, the people who film the movies or TV shows and everything!" Alexander's lips start to form a smile, "yeah.. and then I could film the movies that you're in!" Jenna nods as they both smile at each other. Alexander jolts down the idea onto her paper, even if she knew nothing about how to use a camera, she was determined to be by Jenna's side, whether it was in spirit, or literally.

Seventh grade:

"You got a job?!" Alexander exclaims as they walk through the middle school hallways. Jenna flinches, "Jesus Lex not so loud- But yes, I did get a job." Jenna says proudly as Alexander's smile widens. She wraps her arms around Jenna, giving her a side hug, "I'm so proud of you!" Jenna laugh softly, accepting the hug as they walk over to their lockers. Jenna already got a few small roles, but she didn't do a lot in them, "what's the show or movie?"

"It's a series called "Stuck In The Middle." I'm going to be starring in it." Jenna grins happily, "I'll probably start filming in a few weeks, but I won't be at school often." Alexander frowns, "ugh that makes school 100x more boring." She lets out a groan, leaning onto her locker as Jenna sighs, "You'll be find without me, don't worry."

Another sigh is let out as the bell rings, "Well don't forget about me okay?" Alexander nudges Jenna, as she nods "Yeah of course I won't." The two smile at each other as they head to class.

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

A/N: first small chapter finished! I may not write to much in this story rn, cuz I need to finish "knife down the throat." but I'll try to:3 maybe a new Hazbin Hotel AU fanfic coming soonnn!!