Chapter 7 || Cinema

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

early 2022:

Alexander's third person POV:

"And.. cut!" The actors let out a sigh, as they had just finished filming a long scene in Enola Holmes 2. Millie (as in Millie bobby brown) walks off of the set, taking her bottle of water as she drinks a long sip, making Alexander laugh. Millie and Alexander became well stable friends over filming the Enola Holmes 1 and 2. "tired?" Millie laughs softly, "Very. What time is it?" Alexander rolls up her sleeve to look at her watch, "it's.. 2:25." 2:25. "OH SHIT!" Millie jumps at her sudden scream. "You okay Alex?-" Alexander quickly grabs her bag and her camera bag, stuffing her camera inside, "Yup! Just forgot I was meeting with a few of my friends at 2:30 today-" Alexander quickly runs up to the director, "hey Harry, I'm going to go now if that's okay?" Harry nods, "You've probably finished shooting for the day anyways, you're free to go." He flashes a smile to Alexander as she smiles back, waving as she runs out, "Thank you!"

She runs onto the sidewalk, slipping through the crowds of bustling people as she opens her phone to call Mikey. Mikey was a friend of hers that she met in her New York high school, they became good friends and continued university together, she even helped film a movie she was in. She was still in contact with Emma from her old high school as well, Olivia too but not as close. Alexander currently lived in LA, and still saw Emma often because she acted too. Mikey was also in the acting business and she acted in Scream 5, that's how she met Jasmin Savoy Brown. Mikey was still mad at Alexander for still not watching Scream 5 even though she was a huge fan and it got released weeks ago, so today the three of them were going to go see it, lucky enough that it was still in theaters.

She had to make two calls and/or texts, one to Mikey, and one to her Girlfriend, Georgia. Georgia and Alexander have been dating for around 8 months in a happy stable relationship, she just needed to make a quick call to her to tell her she might be home late before she went to the movies. Suddenly her phone rang, it was Mikey, of course. Alexander picks up the call only to be shouted at, "where the hell are you Lex?!" Alexander jumps, holding the phone away from her ear slightly so her hearing wouldn't be damaged. "relax M. I just finished filming a bit later then I expected, I'm coming now just wait with Jasmin." Mikey groans, "well hurry up the movie's starting at 2:50." 

"Yeah yeah I know, I'll be there in five!" She hangs up the call and decided to text Georgia, she knew she was ending her volleyball practice soon, so it would be safe to text her. 

────────────────────────────

You:
Hey babe
I might be late at home because I'm going to go to the movies with some of my friends
help yourself to something when you get home, love you<3

Georgie<3:
okayy!
love you too, stay safe<3

────────────────────────────

Alexander smiles at the text, as she slips her phone into her pocket, picking up her pace as she soon arrives at the movie theater, to see Mikey and Jasmin waiting outside. Alexander comes to a stop in front of them, catching her breath as Jasmin slightly laughs, "Ready Xander?" Alexander straightens her posture, ready for the movie. "Alright, lets-" Suddenly her phone rings. Was it Georgia? she takes her phone out of her pocket to reveal an unknown number, "huh."

Mikey snickers, "Wow, right when we're about to was Scream?" Alexander rolls her eyes playfully as she answers the call, "Hello?"

"hello, Is this Alexander Miller?" Alexander raises her eyebrows in slight shock, wondering how this unknown caller knew her name.

"this is her speaking. Who is this?" Alex could feel Mikey and Jasmin's eyes on her as she continues to speak on the phone. "This is Tyler Gillet. We've been looking for new cinematographers and I was wondering if you were free and would like a job to be a cinematographer in our upcoming movie Scream 6." Alexander's jaw came straight open, to stunned to speak.

"I- oh wow- Yeah! O-Of course, I'd love too!" Jasmin raises an eyebrow at Alex as she sees her mouth agape.

"Great! me and Matt will email you the details tomorrow most likely. Please save this number for the future, have a good rest of your day." Alexander grins, "You too." He hangs up, as Alexander lets out a squeal, making Mikey jump.

"Jesus Christ- Who was the caller?" Alexander couldn't stop smiling, "it was Tyler. Tyler Gillet." Jasmin's eyes widen slightly, "Wait." "They hired me to help film the movie!" Jasmin's lips form a smile as the two scream together, "You're going to be on set with me!" Jasmin yells as the three both laugh.

"Wish I was there with you guys." Mikey says, "Wait you died in Scream 5? WAIT, NO. don't tell me!" She covers her ears making Jasmin and Mikey laugh as they all enter the theater, "Now I'm excited to see the movie."

"what can I get you three today?" The person at the cash register asks, as Jasmin orders for us, "a large popcorn, two Sprites, and a ice tea please." the person at the counter nods, as he presses a few buttons, "12.98." Jasmin pays with her card as the three walk over to a table to wait for their snacks, "I'm so excited to see you two perform." Alexander says with a wide smile.

"I'm sure you'll love it." Mikey says, as they pick up their drinks and the large bag of popcorn, as they quickly speed-walk to the movie theater, half the ads were done by now, as they take a seat near the front row. Alexander sighs, plopping down onto her chair, "Finally." her voice a whisper as Jasmin laughs quietly. After a few horror movie and fast food ads, the lights go out, and the movie finally starts. Alexander adjusts herself in her seat excitingly.

The opening scene starts with a landline phone ringing, the background a blur, as she sees a figure walking towards the phone to pick it up. The camera background slowly unblurs itself to see a young girl take the phone from the charging slot.

Wait.. is that Jenna?

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

A/N: sorry this chapter is kinda short:[ I planned and ending for this chapter and I wanted to stick with it- ALSO IM SORRY THIS LOGIC IS KINDA NONSENSE- I know, mostly everyone I've mentioned so far literally live in different places rn- but this is taking place in LA currently, a month or so after Alexander graduated from university she moved to LA, while her friends did too, and she met other friends like Millie and Jasmin. Later on the Scream 6 cast will be introduced to each other and they'll fly to Montreal to film, because Montreal is where Scream 6 was filmed and I want this fanfic to be as accurate as possible- one thing that bothers me is that the film dates of Enola Holmes don't match up:^ JUST PRETEND THEY FINISHED FILMING IN LATE MARCH INSTEAD OF JANUARY- hope this is enjoyable:3<33