Chapter 28 || sibling reunion

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Jenna's third person POV:

If she was being honest, Jenna didn't know if she had ever felt more discouraged in her entire life. Of course, it was great to see everyone else again and meet a few new faces that day, but Jenna missed Alexander horribly, and the feeling was clawing at her.

Brighton's prediction wasn't exactly correct, although Alexander's breathing was started to get better, she still wouldn't wake up, it was to the point where Jenna wondered how much blood she lost to be unconscious for this long. At least she's not in a coma. She tried to reassure herself with those words, knowing it could've been worse, but it started to work less and less. Jenna constantly visited Alexander at the hospital, telling her about her day and how everyone misses her a lot, including herself. Occasionally playing her favorite songs and wishing in her head that she would just wake up soon. 

Sometimes, Jenna would just stay there for hours just to see if she would open her eyes or at least twitch a finger, even now the front desk knew her because she visited so often, not because of her fame.

It was starting to become a problem. Jenna wouldn't take care of herself properly, instead just wake up, eat a small portion of breakfast, then go out to visit Alexander. If Alexander were awake she would've probably told Jenna to stop this madness and take some time for herself, and of course, Jenna would probably listen, but she wasn't awake to do that.

Other than Alexander, Jenna kept thinking about Emma's words.

"You sure you're not in love?"

Was she really in love? Did she deserve someone as amazing as Alexander?

"I'm going out." She calls out from the small opened crack in her door. She reaches for her bedside table, where she had normally left her headphones, except they weren't there anymore. Huh. "I thought I left them there last night." She mutters to herself.

"Has anyone seen my headphones?" She calls throughout the house, only to have no answer in return. "Ugh." She lightly groans. She didn't want to have to leave without her headphones, but it looks like she was going to have to. They're probably somewhere in the house anyway.

Disappointed, she walks herself over to the front door, while fixing her hair step by step, until she was stopped by her little sister, Aliyah. "Looking for these?" She stretches out the last word as she holds up Jenna's black Sony headphones, that were dangling from her fingers. "Oh my god Aliyah, yes! Give them back." She reaches for them, but Aliyah stops her, due to her being taller then Jenna, she raises herself on the tip of her toes, holding Jenna's headphones high in the air. "Aliyah- what the hell! hand them over!" Aliyah shakes her head with an amused expression, "Ah- Ah- Ahh, nope." Jenna lets out a groan in between her clenched teeth, as she lets loose, giving up. She shoots a glare to her little sister, "What are you doing." Aliyah had a grin on her face, "Something a genius would do." She takes off, running into the living room with Jenna's headphones still gripped in between her fingers. "Aliyah!-" She trails after her, clearly annoyed as she faces her sister a few feet apart.

"Well, maybe not a genius, but someone who knows that their sister would never leave the house without her headphones." Aliyah adds in, as Jenna rolls her eyes. "C'mon Aliyah give them back, I need to go to the hospital." 

"And visit your unconscious girlfriend? No!" Jenna's jaw clenches, as she hears Emma repeating her words in Jenna's head once again. "You sure you're not in love?"

She shakes the thought away, "First of  all, for the thousandth time she's not my girlfriend. Second, she got into the hospital unconscious because she lost to much blood from self harm, have some fucking respect." She scowls as Aliyah raises her hands slightly, "Okay okay, whatever you say." Jenna lays her hand out in front of her, "Headphones. Now." Aliyah groans, "C'mon Jenna. Ever since that day at the apartment you spend more then half the day at the hospital just to see if Alexander will wake up. And normally she never even does! Can't you just spare one day?" Jenna frowns slightly. "I'm just worried about her, Lia. I know it's unhealthy of me, even Alexander would've told me to stop worrying if she could, but, I just can't." Her words start to go quiet as Aliyah's gaze softens onto her. "You really need some time to yourself." Jenna bites the inside of her cheek, "I know I just.." She lets out a breath. There was a moment of silence, before Jenna breathes in. "Fine. I'll stay home today." Aliyah's smile starts to widen, "But, you owe me." Aliyah runs over to her sister, hugging her tightly, Jenna couldn't help but crack a smile. She pulls away, "Alright alright enough. What do you wanna do?"