Chapter 20 || something's not right.

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Alexander's third person POV:

Saying Alexander was in a bad situation was a horrible understatement. Everything felt like it was closing in on Alexander and at any moment things were going to collapse all on top of themselves. Of course she had to continue work in film, or else she would probably get fired if she took too many days off, but the problem was her entire face was absolutely smothered in bruises. Jenna helped take part in bandaging her face with an eye patch, but it wasn't much less obvious then a black eye. There was questioning, lots of questioning, but she's been able to push away from the questions with the help of Jenna, but they of course do come back eventually, especially from Jasmin. 

And god knows how she's going to tell her father considering it was nearing the end of their filming and she would have to go home eventually.

"Yo! we have a subway station in here!" Melissa says in between laughs to Matt and Tyler recording on her phone as everyone stands around the built subway station set starstruck. "this is crazyy." I breathe out beside the grinning Jenna who was filming a video as well.

From the corner of Alexander's eye, she sees Jasmin enter the set, as Alexander's heart beat quickens. Jenna notices her nervousness looming, as she follows her gaze to see Jasmin as well. She places a comforting hand onto her back, as Alexander snaps out of her gaze, "I- what? shit sorry." 

Jenna lets out a chuckle, "it's fine. It's just.." She looks around cautiously, as she focuses her eyes back to Alexander, "When are you going to tell her- them all about how all this happened?" her voice was now slightly above a whisper, as Alexander's chest tightens. She knew she had to tell them, she just didn't know how to, or when to be able to. "I.. I don't know."

She watches Jenna's jaw clench, her mouth opens to say something but Alexander stops her, "no. stop, I know." She pulls away from Jenna's hand, stepping back slightly, "I know I'll need to tell them eventually I just.." her eyes look to the ground, "I need time." it was absurd that Alexander had said those three words one to many times in the past 4 days, and the thing is she knows she has been. That phrase giving her the smallest bit of relief for a moment, shielding herself from what she'll have to go through in her life, when she knows she'll have to face it anyway.

Jenna lets out a sigh, adding to many sighs from these past few days, "I'll help you with it, okay?" She says in a comforting tone, earning a nod from Alexander before walking off of the tracks. "god.." Alexander mumbles to herself, as she walks off of the tracks, grabbing her camera to film.

They finished off the scene of Mason, Jenna, Josh, and Melissa on the subway, and they were setting up filming for Jack and Jasmin's scene, as she sets up her camera onto the subway she see's out of the corner of her eye Jasmin approaching her. Alexander's body flushes with heat, seeing her come step by step she prepares for the worst, maybe she would yell, maybe she would get sad or tell them they weren't friends or- "Hey." The word let out of Jasmin's mouth snaps Alexander out of her overthinking state.

"Oh- I- hi Jasmin." Alexander gets up from her crouch, dusting herself off and facing Jasmin. her words went from "I'm sorry." to a whole apology speech, "I'm- I'm sorry about, all this about everything that's going, its really complicated and I promise I will explain everything to you soon but right now I just-""hey no Alex." Jasmin puts a hand on Alexander's shoulder, as a slight breeze of relief comes over her. "I.. I understand with what you're going through things might be hard, and I'm sorry you couldn't tell me." Alexander's relief melted away in an instant, Jasmin being the jealous person she is, something that discouraged both  knew Jenna knew how she had gotten her injury. "I'm sorry there's.. there's just a lot going on." Alexander mutters in guilt, as Jasmin fixes her face into a soft closed-lipped smile, "no, its fine really. I just wanted to ask, maybe you would want to come to the little gathering party I'm going to host tonight?" Alexander's stomach knots up, as her lips flicker in indecisiveness. Over the past few weeks she hasn't been going to the parties the cast hosted, knowing she needed to give herself some space to heal, mentally and physically, and she knew alcohol or getting herself drunk wouldn't help with that.