Chapter 27 || Meet n greet

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Jenna's third person POV:

Jenna had visited Alexander the night that she came into the hospital. It was almost 2am, but she didn't have time to think about her sleep schedule. Her entire mind was filled with nothing but worrying about Alexander, but eventually she had to go back home, otherwise her family would be worried out of their minds, if they weren't already. Jenna had told Jasmin about what had happened with Alexander, and she seemed devastated on text. The two made a plan to meet together at Alexander's hospital room tomorrow around 11am or so.

Once Jenna came home, like she predicted, her siblings came swarming towards her. Jenna didn't have the energy to do anything so she just let it happen. "Holy shit Jenna where were you?!" Aliyah yells first, Mia shushing her and saying that their parents were asleep. "are you okay what happened??" Markus asks next, in a more worried and softer tone. "Why is there blood on your pants?" Mia finally speaks up, noticing the slight blood stain on her jeans. 

"it's a long story and it's- it's been a long day." She mutters, "I'll explain but, is- are mom and dad okay?" Mia nods, "They were worried a lot too but, they were tired and I told them to try and go to sleep, and that'd we'd look out for you." She answers for you, "But please. I need to know why you look so beat up and have blood on your clothes." Aliyah raises her hand slightly, "I second that." Jenna lets out a sigh, "Fine."

She continues her explanation, trying her best to hold back the tears that were starting to fill into her eyes as she watches her sibling's eyes widen each word she spoke on. "Holy fuck." Markus and Aliyah mutter at almost the exact same time. "Jeez- I- are you alright?" Mia's voice was now more worried as she places a hand onto Jenna's arm. 

"I.. physically I'm fine. Mentally.. not so much." Her words start to trail quieter as she averts her gaze down. "I'm just.. I'm tired. I think I'll just go to bed." She manages to mutter through her tears, as her siblings get the signal. "Alright well.. take care of yourself okay?" Markus says with a small smile, Jenna returning slightly as she nods, before moving past the three and walking into her room.

She shuts her door before letting a few tears fall, taking sharp breaths as she wipes them away. "Stop Jenna." She mutters, as she takes a sharp deep breath. "Be strong." She mutters, but suddenly a box thuds to the floor. She turns around, snapped out of her sadness as she looks to see an old box of scattered things spread across the floor now. "Ah fuck." She mutters, as she tilts the box right side up, as she places the old things back into the box but one item catches her eye. it was an old film camera, Jenna was surprised herself that she even still had this.

Curious, she presses the power button of the old machine, and shockingly it turns on, well, with a few glitches but it still worked. The old camera first played a video of Jenna dissecting an old dead lizard, young Alexander laughing in the background. "Ew Jenna no!" She calls out, making Jenna giggle softly.

She skips to the few next films, until she comes across one where Jenna and Alexander looked around thirteen. "okay it's rolling!" She says to Alexander, who had a wide smile put on her face. "Hi future us!" She starts with, younger Jenna flashing a grin. "we're currently in 8th grade, and I'm almost going to 9th!" Alexander says happily, "are we still friends?" younger Jenna asks, younger Alexander wrapping her arms around Jenna, "C'monnn, of course we are dummy!" Jenna rolls her eyes in the video, "well you never know okay?"

"You would've probably have thrown out this camera by now." Alexander says with a small laugh, Jenna joining in until they both started laughing. "Alright alright moving on. Am I still acting? I hope I am." Jenna asks, "I bet you're famous!" Alexander exclaims, making Jenna smile, "nah I doubt it."