Chapter 19 || raccoon eyes

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

TW: Panic/anxiety attack

5 minutes earlier

Jenna's third person POV:

It wasn't hard for Jenna to slip out of the party, considering she was pretty tired anyway, but she couldn't resist the urge to take a stop by and visit Alexander, because she knew there was something wrong.

"Thank you Melissa, Good night!" She calls out, before closing the hotel room door. She stood in the empty quiet hallway, with a deep breath, she makes her way over to Alexander's room. There wasn't any loud commotion or any suspicious noises, just silence.

raising her fist, she knocks three times.

Knock knock knock

No answer.

biting the inside of her cheek, she waits for a moment, before knocking again. Knock knock

She starts to hear slightly ratting inside the hotel room, as she sees the door open a slight crack, an eye peaking out of it. "Alex? is that you?"

"I.. uhm.." Alexander's voice was low, and raspy. "I- I just wanted to check if you were okay. Are you?" She took a moment to answer that, quite a long moment. "I- uh- y-yeah. I'm fine." Jenna's gaze softens in concern, she's lying.

"You can tell me if something's wrong, I'm here to help." there was hesitation, but Alexander slowly opened the door. Jenna stood there speechless, "I- holy shit."

Alexander stood in front of Jenna with her entire face absolutely beaten up, two black eyes, bruises, and a scratch on her lip. This isn't what I was expecting. "what the hell happened to you?" She reaches for her face, making Alexander flinch slightly, "I.. just, come inside first."

Jenna walks into the hotel room, which is soon to be found a mess. there were chairs fallen over, the first aid kit was unorganized, there was a bag of ice melting on the counter, and tissues on the floor stained with.. "is that blood..?" She looks to Alexander with a concerned expression, seeing that Alexander was avoiding her gaze. it is. it's her blood.

"Alex.." Jenna carefully takes her hand, rubbing her thumb against her palm, "this isn't nothing."

"I- I just-" She pulls her hand away, gripping her scalp with her hands, "I can't." Jenna takes a step closer, "Can't, what?"

"No. I-I just- no no." Alexander stumbles back, covering her eyes with her palms as she starts to mumble inaudible words. She's having a anxiety attack.

Jenna rushes over to her side, grasping her hands onto her shoulder, "Hey, hey Alex." her words weren't much of use, as she continues to panic without thinking, her body starting to tremble as tears seep through her hands and roll down her cheek to her neck.  "Here, I'm here Alex, I'm here for you." Jenna didn't professionally know what to do in these types of situations, she rarely had panic or anxiety attacks, let alone have to help someone who was in one.

Alexander's body starts to tremble, as her legs give in, her knees crouching to the floor. "No no no.." she mumbles, her words shortens as she starts to gasp for breath between her tears. "I- shit." Jenna rummages through the hotel room, searching in Alexander's suitcase for something that could be of any possible help, hearing Alexander's out of breath sobs in the distance. she grabs Alexander's backpack, looking around for anything until she pulls out a green dinosaur plushie.

flashback:
Brighton sat there, a bit stunned at this load of information, as she sighs, "I can tell this whole situation has got you stressed." her smile slightly fades, "Ever since that day she was really distant towards us, mostly always stayed in her room, and I swear she probably.. Probably relapsed a few times." Jenna's blood ran cold, as Brighton continued to talk, "it seemed that the only thing that was helping her was that green dinosaur plush she carried everywhere, she wouldn't tell us why."