Chapter 2 || something new?

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Eighth grade, early June:

Alexander's POV:

TW: self harm, bullying.

"Goddd, I'm so exhausted!" Jenna groans, walking through the hallway full of people. It's been nearly a year since Jenna got her job, most of the time she only came to school almost once a week. It took up a lot of her free time, but she was the main character in her show, so why wouldn't it? She's been getting a lot of other smaller roles as well. 

"At least you get an excuse to not have homework." I say, nudging Jenna softly.

Jenna rubs her eyes, shrugging, "not much of a difference, I still get as much work to do on set." The bell rings, as we put our books into our lockers and head to the cafeteria with our lunch. "Do you think you'll be able to come to the graduating ceremony?" Jenna shrugs, crossing her fingers, "let's hope."

We walk into the cafeteria, to see some our friend group sitting together at our usual table. There was Skylar, Avery, and... wait. "Who is that?" Jenna asks. 

A shoulder length haired blonde was sitting beside Avery, the three were laughing together like they were having the time of their lives. "huh." I hum, "I heard there was a new girl coming, maybe that's her?"

 Jenna squints her eyes, "Something new eh?" I laugh at her tone, as we walk over to our group of friends.

"Hey guys." I greet our friends, as the new girl looks up to us, "Who are they?" She asks, and I swear I could hear a slight annoyance in her tone. 

"Oh, forgot to tell you we had some other friends coming. Raya, this is Alexander and Jenna, they're in a different class." Skylar explains, as Jenna flashes her a smile, however I do not. "You can call me Alex, or Xander."

Raya scoffs, "Xander? that's a boy name dumbass." Avery nudges her as I clench my jaw, people had always been making fun of me for that. 

"Alex, Jenna, this is Raya. She's a new student in our class." I see Jenna slide over to sit beside Skylar, as I join her, sitting on her other side.

Jenna puts her lunch onto the table, opening it up to reveal a taco, as Raya lets out a laugh, "Oh my god, your arms are so hairy!" Jenna's eyes slightly widen, as she lowers her arms under the table. 

I put a hand on her back, glancing at Jenna before shooting a glare at Raya, "Watch it." Raya shrugs, raising her hands, "I'm just saying. It's like she has gorilla arms." I could feel Jenna's muscles tense. I wouldn't let this slide.

"Alright, listen here you little bitch-" I stand up from the table, until the bell cuts me off. "I glance up to see everyone leaving, as I grit my teeth, seeing Raya smirking with an eyebrow raised, I glare at her coldly, "Fuck off." I finish, before following Jenna, "Come on, lets go."

We leave the three girls at the cafeteria, as I see tears well up into Jenna's eyes. She pushes herself into the bathroom as I follow behind her. When I enter, I could hear her quiet sniffles. I rush over to my best friend's side, seeing her in tears as I pull her into a hug, "You don't have gorilla arms, okay? You're perfect just the way you are."

"Are my arms really that hairy?" Jenna says quietly, her breath shaky. I shrug softly, "Maybe they are, but arm hair is normal, okay? we all have our flaws."

I lift my sleeve, revealing soft scared cuts. "I mean look at me." Jenna gently rubs the scars, "You're still beautiful." I smile happily, rolling up my sleeve again, "see? That's the spirit!" Jenna smiles softly at me, rubbing her tears away before pulling me into another hug.