Chapter 25 || i love u.

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Alexander's third person POV:

Alexander couldn't believe was the officer was saying over the phone at first, until they persuaded her enough to come to the hospital to see for herself. She didn't want to believe it, she didn't want to believe that her dad could be dying.

"this was all my fault." Alexander mutters as she drives on the bustling road in her car, the crate with Jinx and Aspen inside was placed onto the passenger seat, as Alexander continues to ramble. "Maybe if I came home earlier I could've prevented this. I always knew dad was a sloppy driver. fuck, I should've done something." She continues to blame it all on herself, that was her habit when he faced a problem. If it was logical enough Alexander would immediately blame it on herself, and even she hated how she would constantly do that.

They soon arrive at the hospital, as Alexander takes the crate out of the car and walks inside nervously. "H-Hi. I'm here to see Nathan Miller?" She says to the front desk. "And you are who to him?"

"I- I'm his daughter. Alexander Miller, my sister Estelle should be here too?" She shows her ID in her wallet, the lady nodding in approvement. "down the hall to your left, room 106." Alexander nods, "thank you."

She rushes to the hallway, her eyes darting from each door, number to number until she finally reached room 106. "Deep breaths." She takes a deep breath, her hand on the knob as she twists the handle and opens the door. The room was quiet, all you could hear was the faint beeping sounds coming from the monitor. Alexander's eyes move to the hospital bed, where her father laid. His eyes were closed and he had a hospital gown on, as well as an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth.

She soon feels a person tightly wrap an arm around Alexander, she looks down to see Estelle wrapped onto her, her right arm casted and in a sling that was around Estelle's neck. "Ellie.." Alexander mumbles, before bringing her into a tight hug, setting the crate down onto the floor as she hears Estelle start to cry.

"I know.. I know." Alexander comforts as she runs her hand through Estelle's messy hair. She looks up to see her two other siblings in the distance, watching the two embrace each other. There stood Grayson, Kennedy, and Brighton. Brighton didn't look much different, much like how Alexander remembered the last time they visited each other except that now the blue in her hair was fading, and Grayson seemed a little more grown, he had a slight bit of facial hair that looked recently shaved. She couldn't help but smile lightly when she saw her two other siblings. Lastly was Kennedy, they had shoulder length wavy dark brown hair, and were pretty tall, with a nose piercing and tanned skin. Alexander wasn't surprised to see them considering that they were Estelle's partner.

"Hey Gray, Bri, Kennedy." She mutters, as they all flash a smile to her. "Is everything alright?" Alexander mutters, remembering that her little sister was sobbing in her arms. "What happened?"

She watches as Grayson and Brighton nervously glance to each other, Kennedy looking down. "We'll have to tell her anyway." Grayson mutters, making Alexander's curiosity grow. Brighton lets out a sigh, "Dad got it bad Lex. They crashed into a car speeding by and then hit a tree. Dad has a broken rib a concussion and a fracture in his leg. Estelle has a broken arm." Alexander's eyes widen at Brighton's words as she continues to talk.

"Since dad's getting pretty old and he's not in good shape.." She lets out a breath.

"They're telling us to prepare for the worst."

No.

No no no no.

"No." Alexander mutters, denying everything that's going on. "Alex I'm sorry. But dad wasn't in good shape, it was bound to happen." Grayson speaks up, taking a step towards her sister.  "No no no." Alexander continues to repeat as she backs away from the three of her siblings. "Lex, sis." Estelle mutters with red puffy eyes, but Alexander couldn't think straight.