𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
ˢᵉᵖᵗᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ³, ¹⁹⁹³
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

" Kids, I want to you to meet a new friend today! She's new here and a bit shy, so let's all give her a nice, warm welcome!!" Ms. Delight announced happily to the orphans surrounding her down in the playcares as she stands in front of the Smiling Critter statues proudly with her usual smile. The Smiling Critters were in the back watching and waiting excitedly, especially DogDay. He jitters in his spot as his smile is bigger than it usually is. 

" Oh, I'm so excited! I wonder what she's going to be like! I hope she likes art!" Crafty Corn exclaims as she claps her front hooves together excitedly.
" I hope they love hugs! Bobby Bearhug gushed. While everyone else imagined who the new girl was, CatNap was standing next to DogDay staring straight at Ms. Delight and the little girl hiding behind her.

DogDay notices and turns his attention to CatNap. " Are you excited as well CatNap?" DogDay asks and CatNap shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly. DogDay puts his orange hand on his purple friends' shoulder and smiles happily at him.
" Don't worry! I'm sure our new friend will be happy like we all are!" DogDay reassures, though that wasn't CatNaps concern but he just played along by nodding his head. DogDay chuckled and took his hand off his shoulder, turning his attention back to Ms. Delight.

" Okay everyone, say hello to Y/n!!!" Ms. Delight voice boomed through the playcare and a little girl came from behind her legs, smiling meekly. " Hello Y/n!!" The happy voices of the children chanted as they bounced around, happy to have a new friend be with them too. The Smiling Critters were cheering too, except for CatNap and.... DogDay?

 It was normal for CatNap to be silent, but DogDay has never been silent whenever a new kid came. He would usually cheer like the others like his happy self, but instead he looked.... frozen.

 He stared straight at the little girl. DogDay looked like he couldn't even move, it felt like his feet were stuck to the ground. His yellow tail wagged vigorously and his face felt like it was on fire that it even started smoking a little. " Ah! DogDay, your smoking!!" Cried Crafty Corn as the critters went over to him, attempting to cool him down.

" DogDay, what's wrong?!"
Bobby Bearhug asked with a worried tone before looking in his direction towards the new girl. Bobby gasped, a huge smile spread across her face as she clapped her paws excitedly, knowing exactly what's happening. ' He's in love!!'

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Everyone went about their day playing and having fun, laughter in the air and screams of joy. DogDay was playing with the other kids as per usual, running around with them and playing on the playground with them. He is sliding down a long twisty slide, cheering and laughing with glee. As he exits out the slide and onto his feet, he saw the new girl, Y/n,sitting alone on a nearby swing set with her head hanging low.

 He felt that feeling again, where his face would feel like its burning and his tail wagging uncontrollably.

DogDay got the courage to finally go say hi to Y/n, but he felt oddly nervous, but was confident enough to go over to her. He walked over to the swing beside her and sat down. Y/n noticed but didn't lift her head up, her fingers playing with each other nervously.
DogDay turns his head to Y/n saying, " Hi! I'm DogDay! Nice to meet you!" He greets himself cheerfully as he pulls his hand out in front of her, waiting patiently for her to shake it. The girl flinched slightly, whilst hesitantly moving her hand towards his.

Once she grabbed DogDay's hand softly, she shook it. " I- I'm Y/n..." The girl mumbled in a shaky voice. The orange dog giggled with their eyes closed before opening them back up, their white irises looking into her e/c eyes. 

" That's a such a pretty name! Just like you-!" DogDay continued before he stopped, realizing what he just said and immediately looked down so Y/n couldn't see his blush. 

" T-t-thank you... no one has ever said before..." DogDay looked up, surprised to see that Y/n was blushing as much as he was and had a small smile on her delicate lips. DogDay's tail wagged again before he jumped up from the swings and onto the ground.

" Your welcome Y/n! Now let's go play!!" " O- okay..!" Y/n hops off the swing and DogDay drags her over to the playground.

The two of them spent the entire day playing together; drawing, playing on the see-saw, on the jungle gym, all while laughing and smiling.
The fun ended when it was nap time and all the children went into their sleeping bunks in their room. CatNap was watching, waiting for them to be settled in as DogDay said his goodbyes to the children and Y/n.

" Bye Y/n! I can't wait to play with you again!"

" Me too! See you later DogDay." Y/n smiled at him, making the orange pup giggle with glee as he walked off. That was until he stopped by a sudden hug from behind. He turned his head to see Y/n whose face was buried in his back.
" I- I just wanted to say... thank you, for being my friend.." She whispered to him, her voice muffled and shy.

DogDay blushes before quickly hugging Y/n back happily. The two pull away and Y/n waves him goodbye as she rushes back to her bunk. As DogDay leaves the room, he hadn't noticed that his tail was wagging. He enters the sleeping quarters of the smiling critters, where some of them lay on the couch and in their own sleeping bags.

 Dogday climbs onto the couch and lays down, pulling a soft blue blanket over himself. He can't help but chuckle quietly after today's events before falling asleep.

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

I feel like this first chapter was a bit rough at the start, but i'm glad its finished. Hope you enjoyed it :).