𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
ᴹᵃʳᶜʰ ¹⁴, ¹⁹⁹⁴
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

It was Selection Day. A day where kids get selected to be experimented on but they don't know it. They created a lie that you get selected you get to live with a new family. But, the critters knew what Selection Day really was. They were the victims after all.

The kids were gathered around Ms. Delight and a male doctor as they announced who was getting selected. " Alright kids! One of the families  has chosen a lucky kid today! Do you want to know who it is?" " YES!!!" The kids cheered, completely unaware of who was unlucky. 

" Today, they have chosen..... Y/n!!"

ᴅᴏɢᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴏᴠ:

' Wait.... Y/n...' 

My eyes couldn't be more wide and my heart dropped to my stomach. I had a lump in my throat as I couldn't fathom why they had to pick Y/n. My tail was tucked between my legs and my ears sagged down. Even my friends were distraught, so was CatNap since his ears were drooping down and his face looked a little sad.
" Now, come on up if you have any goodbyes for Y/n. A few children came up and so did the Smiling Critters and me. Each of them hugged Y/n and walked as fast as they could so they would cry in front of her, except for Crafty Corn and Bobby Bearhug who were sobbing as they walked off. Even Kickin was crying a little.

Catnap walked away as he was done hugging Y/n, and I was next. I noticed she looked sad as well. I hugged her in a warm embrace, hiding my face in her shoulder as she hugged back. " Goodbye Y/n.... I'll miss you, so much...." " Me too DogDay..." We pulled away as she gave me one last smile before I the male doctor put his hand on her shoulder. " It's time to go." He said before walking away with Y/n.

" Bye Y/n!!!" The children chanted happily before going back to their usual playtime. I stayed in my spot as I was frozen in place. The lump in my throat was getting harder to keep in, I felt like crying right then and there. Before Y/n walked out the door, she turned back around to me, staring for a good ten seconds before sprinting towards me and locking me in a big hug.

" I'll never forget you, DogDay..." Y/n whispered. She sounded she was on the verge of tears and her body was shaking. A single tear rolled down my cheeks and I quickly hugged her back. " I won't forget you either, Y/n..." She pulled back after three seconds, running back to the doctor who was waiting at the door.

They finally walk out the door, and out of sight.

I took long strides back to my little room area. I sit down on the soft padded yellow floor, looking up at the photos of me, Y/n, and the others. One of my most favorite memories was one with just us two, I was hugging her and she was smiling happily.
I felt hot tears roll down my cheek, and I let them flow. I suddenly feel Crafty Corn's arms wrap around me in a tight hug. She was crying too. Next was Bobby, Picky, Bubba, Hoppy, CatNap, and Kickin. They were all crying, though CatNap was crying silently.

We all missed Y/n dearly, now she's gonna be experimented on and become one of us.

It was the first time I actually felt sadder when another kid leaves. Sure, it still is sad, but Y/n was one of my first crushes.... and now she's gone.... before I could even tell her...

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

It's been a week since Y/n's been gone, and I've been miserable. The others have been trying to cheer me up, but I still feel miserable. Also CatNap has been growing distant and he rarely ever talks to me anymore. It just feels like everything around me is falling apart.
I meander around the playcare,  having no motivation to do anything when I walk past two play care staffs talking.

" Hey, you heard about what happened yesterday?" Asked the male who was smoking a cigarette. " No. What happened?" " Apparently a kid escaped from the lab." " Really?! No one has ever done that before.." Wait, someone escaped? Was it... no, it couldn't be...
" Yeah, a little girl. I think her name was.... Y/n?" " Oh, that explains it. She never was normal anyway, never talked to anybody but the smiling critters."

Y/n escaped!? I was overjoyed as I was walking but kept my head up. Thank god she's alive and away from this horrid place. I hope Y/n safe though...