𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞...

Y/n sits on her bunk bed as the children got ready to go to sleep. She was admiring the drawing she made of her and Dogday. It was oddly comforting to her, actually drawing one of her first friends and smiling a little more. Y/n never really had friends, she didn't have that type of charm or confidence to draw others in to be her friend. She would usually find any swing she could find and sit there. She always feels like she's waiting for something whenever she sits at swing set.

As Y/n was about to put her picture away, it was suddenly snatched out of her hand. It surprised Y/n more as it was so sudden. She looked down to see a red-headed girl snickering as she looked at Y/n's picture. " U-um... may I please have that back?" Y/n asks politely, her grandma always said to be polite to others, even if they are rude.

The red-headed girl looked up at Y/n with a sneer and rolled her eyes. " Tch, and why should I give this piece of garbage back to you?" Y/n felt her heart beat faster. She didn't like conflicts like this, it stresses her out too much. " B-because..." Y/n couldn't find the words and tears stung her eyes. Her lip was quivering as she kept trying to speak but nothing came out. The red-headed girl just laughed and suddenly ripped Y/n's drawing to pieces, the shredded paper falling to the floor.

Y/n's eyes widen as she hopped down from her bunk and crouching over her ruined picture. " A mouse could draw a better picture than you." She kept laughing at her and soon a few girls followed along. Warm, salty tears streamed down Y/n's cheeks as she cried. She picked up the small pieces of her drawing, her hands shaking. She could feel her brain shutting down and not knowing what to do, it was drowning out the loud noises.

Why is she so mean?

I didn't do anything to her...

It's not fair...

Why do I have to be such a crybaby...

。゚・ 𖥸 ── -ˋˏ✎ ˎˊ- ── 𖥸 。゚・

Y/n heard Dogday's voice calling to her softly. " Y/n? Y/n, wake up.." Her eyes fluttered open, seeing a worried look on Dogday's face. It was dark, but she could still see him and could see Puppyday looking up at her. They had taken a break for the night, but there was no blanket so they had to sleep on the floor with Y/n laying on top of Dogday and Puppyday laid in her arms. Poppy and Kissy were laying next to them, but they hadn't woken up yet. Her sweater was also hanging on a metal pipe to dry since it was wet. Y/n turned to Dogday to see what was bothering him.

" Is something wrong, Dogday?" Y/n whispered. Dogday shook his head, but still seemed conflicted. " Nothing bad, it's just.... you were crying in your sleep and I wanted to make sure your okay." Dogday whispered back in a caring tone, making Y/n's heart flutter slightly. She lifted her hand to her face, feeling the wetness. Her eyes soften as she looked at her own tears.

' Heh... I'm still a crybaby after all these years...' A few tears escaped Y/n's eyes once again, dripping onto Dogday and Puppyday like rain. Dogday sat up at seeing Y/n cry while Puppyday nuzzled his head into her chest to comfort her a little. " Angel! Something is definitely wrong!" Y/n just smiled through her tears. " N-no, I'm fine..." Light sobs escape her mouth as more tears kept flowing. Dogday's hand reaches up to Y/n's cheek, holding her face so she could look up at him. She looked so sad, he couldn't stand it.

" Angel, do you wanna talk about it?" He asks softly, waiting patiently for her answer. Y/n hesitates for a moment before nodding, wiping the tears on her face. She adjusted herself to sit next to Dogday, his arm around her shoulder.

" It was.... more of a memory than a dream. It was when I was a little girl. I was looking at my drawing of... you and me. To anyone, it would have just been a normal drawing made by an 8 year old. But to me, it was my comfort. I was about to put it away when this red-headed girl snatched it away from me, ripping it to shreds. I didn't even try to stop her, and she wouldn't stop laughing and called me a crybaby... but I guess she was right. I am a crybaby... I wasn't even able to stand up for myself.... I feel so alone.."

Y/n's body started shaking from how much she was crying, her eyes closing as tears ran down the side of her cheeks. It wasn't easy for Y/n to say her true feelings, even if she wanted to confess them. It was a little too much for her. 

She suddenly felt Dogday's large hand gently hold her small hand. She opened her eyes and looked up at him. He had a look of sympathy and understanding on his face. " Well..." He began. " If it makes you feel any better, just know that your not alone and that I'm here for you. Kissy, Poppy, even Puppyday... we're all here for you." To be honest, It did make Y/n feel a little better. It made Y/n smile because this moment bringed back so many memories. She would always come to Dogday whenever she couldn't sleep or had a nightmare. He would always comfort her and hold her hand as a sign that he was still here and wasn't going anywhere.

Y/n rested her head onto his fluffy chest, closing her eyes and listening to his heartbeat. His other hand petted her soft hair comfortingly, laying down on his back with her on top. Puppyday snuggled into her arms once again, his fur tickling Y/n's cheek and making her giggle slightly.

Before Y/n went back to sleep, her eyelids growing heavy, she whispered one last thing before going to sleep. " Thank you..."