𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐟 𝐉𝐨𝐲

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
ᴬᵘᵍᵘˢᵗ ⁸, ¹⁹⁹⁵
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

It was so..... unexpected.

Everything was going just fine in the morning, the kids wondering why they couldn't see Crafty Corn and go into her art studio, why they couldn't ask Bubba for help with their homework, and why they couldn't see Kickin today.

The kids were playing with each other, until they heard screams. Agonizing screams. Workers were screaming as they came running out into the playcare only for one of them to be ripped to shreds by Catnap who came out of nowhere. The kids weren't with joy for once, they were filled with fear and confusion.

There was chaos happening all around me and for the first time, I didn't know what to do. The mini critters were eating the workers alive and I saw Ms. Delight and her many sisters follow a worker into a room and screaming. Ms. Delight had gone insane.

Suddenly, I hear Hoppy from on top of the Smiling Critter statues, her hands pulling ears and laughing maniacally as she was freaking out.

" HOPPY! GET DOWN FROM THERE!!"

Hoppy just looked at me for a second before giggling which quickly turned into a laugh of pure insanity.

" JUMP! JU-U-U-U-U-"

She suddenly jump as high as she could off the statues and plummeted to the ground, hitting the cement below with a splat before dying instantly. I screamed and ran over to her body.

" HOPPY?! HOPPY WAKE UP!!" I cried, shaking her body just hoping that she's still here. The bloodshed.... the tears.... the screams.... it was all too much for me.... why was this happening..... CatNap, why would you do this?! I sobbed violently over Hoppy's dead body, her blood soaking into my fur as my tears dropped onto the ground like a waterfall.

I haven't seen Bobby or Picky around, hopefully their somewhere safe and the kids are nowhere near Ms. Delight. My entire body was shaking, this insanity and chaos was all too much for me..... I couldn't save my friends....

I open my eyes, as they were shut tightly, seeing poppy gas around me. I slowly turned my head to see CatNap, but he looked so much bigger now. What happened to him...
I feel myself getting sleepy, my eyelids heavy and my body swaying side to side.

" CatNap..... help me..." My voice was shaky and hoarse as I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. He just stared at me blankly, as if he didn't even hear me. More red poppy gas flowed out of his mouth as he uttered the words, " Sleep little puppy...."

" CatNap..... please...." I whisper until I finally pass out, the last I hear from CatNap as he drags me away...

" We'll all be free soon."

[ 𝓔𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 1 ]