1

You toss the ball up into the air, watching as it falls back to your outstretched hands. You keep tossing it back up. When the ball comes back down, you catch it in your hands, not throwing it back up. You let out a sigh.

It was your third and final year of high school. You were still the starting setter on your school's girls' volleyball team. You were doing some extra practice on your own, none of your teammates wanting to stay any longer. You look over at the ball cart, thinking about practicing your serves for a little bit. You walk over to the cart, moving it off the court a bit further.

You carry the ball you were holding and went to the serve line, standing behind it. You throw the ball into the air, jumping up and hit it to the other side of the net. You landed and watched as it smacked down onto the ground, just in front of the line closest to the out of bounds area of the court.

You look down, not feeling like that was your best serve. You go to grab another ball, attempting to do the same thing again. You continue serving by yourself for a while. That was until someone opened up the door to your gym, walking inside.

You looked over, seeing your white haired ace. "Hey, Yuki. Why are you still here?"

She walked over to you, grabbing one of the balls off the floor. "I was talking with Momo and Rei for a while. We debated whether or not we wanted to leave. Rei decided she wanted to go home, Momo is still in the club room. Did you want to practice your sets?"

You nod. "For a little bit. I think I've practiced my serve as much as I possibly could. Did you come back to practice your spikes?"

She nods, walking over to the serve line. "For a bit. If Momo comes in, she's going to be practicing receives on the other side." Yuki tossed the ball towards you.

You nod, getting ready to toss the ball as it was coming over to you. "She is our libero. It surprises me that she leaves as early as she does instead of asking me to serve so she can receive."

Yuki hits the ball, smacking right down into the court on the other side of the next. She lands on her feet back onto the ground. "True. I'm surprised she's taking this long to make up her mind. Usually, she'd either be gone or in here practicing with us."

You look at the door, just as your libero walks in. "Hey, Momo."

She beams at you. "Hey hey, Y/n-chi! Do you mind if I join you two for a bit?"

You shake your head. "Knock yourself out. I'm surprised you didn't join sooner."

She keeps the smile on her face. "Sorry, I had to call my parents and explain to them that I was going to be at practice for a little longer. Though, I have to leave in an hour. They still want me home early enough for dinner."

You nod, picking up a ball and handing it to Yuki. "Let's keep going."

Momo jumps, quickly heading over to the opposite side of the net. "The boys' team is still practicing, you know. They practice way longer than we do."

Yuki nods, tossing the ball your way. "Well, Oikawa and Iwaizumi are determined to beat Shiratorizawa. Of course they're going to practice more. I'm just surprised that the entire team stays until those two are ready to leave."

You toss the ball into the air for Yuki. "What even is the boys' team like? I've never seen them play before and I don't think I've ever met any of the players on the team."

Yuki smacks the ball to the other side. "I've met Iwaizumi and spoke with him a few times. He and I are in the same class."

Momo receives the ball, sending it back into the ball cart. "I've met Hanamaki and Matsukawa. They're pretty funny guys. They tell me about Oikawa sometimes."

Yuki nods. "Sometimes, Iwaizumi will mention Oikawa. Though, that usually seems to put him into a bad mood."

You retrieve another ball and toss it to Yuki. "Maybe I should go to the next practice match the boys have."

Yuki nods. "You'll be impressed. They might be better than us."

You watch as she tosses the ball over to you. You toss it into the air and watch as she smacks it down on the other side of the next. Momo receives it and sends it back to the ball cart. You're about to walk over to grab another ball, when you hear the door to the gym close. You whip around to face a few guys standing just inside the gym.

"Yahoo~!"