22

Once the bell rung, you and Oikawa looked at each other. In unison, you two stood up and grab your things. You walked together out of the classroom, towards the club rooms.

The moment you spotted Iwaizumi, you excitedly ran over to him. "IWAAA!" You jumped onto him, causing him to hold you so you wouldn't fall.

He looked at you, concerned. "What the fuck, Y/n?"

You have the biggest smile he's ever seen on your face. "Toru asked me out this weekend!" You spoke quietly, so only he could hear.

"Congrats. Everyone's looking at us. Get off before they get the wrong idea." He advised.

You look around, seeing everyone from both volleyball teams looking at you two. "Oh. Sorry." You get down, slowly taking your arms away from the boy you had just been holding. You rub the back of your head, feeling embarrassed about what just happened. You casually start walking to your club room, smiling at waving at everyone from the boys' and girls' volleyball clubs.

Oikawa felt his heart crack, seeing you like that with his best friend. "She helps set him up with Yuki-chan, but then does stuff like that."

Iwaizumi heard him. "She was just excited to tell me something. Get whatever you're thinking about out of your head."

Yuki walked over, a brow raised. "What was that all about, Iwa?"

The ace looked at the girl. "Don't worry about it. I think she'll tell you about it when you get into your club room."

With that, everyone walked into their team's club room.

Yuki looked at you, a slight frown on her face. "Why did you jump on him, Y/n? You set me up with him, so why would you do something like that?"

You smile at her. "I had to tell him the best news of my life. Oh, right, I need to tell you guys, too! OIKAWA ASKED ME TO OUT WITH HIM ON SUNDAY!"

Momo, Yuki, and Rei all jumped into the air. They pumped their fists in the air, excited by this news. "Alright! Way to go, captain!"

While all you girls were celebrating and getting changed for practice, there was a scene in the boys' clubroom.

Oikawa frowned, borderline pouting. "Tell me what she said to you Iwa-chan! Y/n-chan is the girl of my dreams and I need to know everything that's going on with her!"

Iwaizumi snorted, continuing to get changed for practice. "She just wanted to be the first to tell me that you asked her to go out with you on Sunday. That's all. Don't make a big deal of it, Jealouskawa."

The setter glared at his friend. "So she ran and jumped on you, just to tell you that? You're seeing her best friend because her and I were setting you two up! Why the fuck does she go to you like that?! Maybe she likes you and is already hurting that you and her best friend are becoming a thing!"

"It's not like that, Shittykawa! And don't raise your voice at me! You don't even understand what's been going on!" Iwaizumi began glaring at his friend.

Oikawa stomped his foot on the ground. "I don't understand?! You have been sneaking around with Y/n-chan doing god knows what! Tell me what's going on between you two, Iwa-chan! You know I love her! Don't act like nothing's going on between you two, when there's clearly something going on if she runs to you and jumps into your arms like that! She's supposed to do that with me! Not you!"

Iwaizumi punches one of the lockers in the room. "I'm telling you, you don't understand the situation, Oikawa! STOP GETTING MAD AT ME WHEN I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU! I'M TRYING TO GET HER TO LIKE YOU AND WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU! SHE AND I GET TOGETHER TO TALK ABOUT YOU! THAT'S WHY SHE RAN TO ME TO TELL ME YOU ASKED HER OUT!"

Oikawa calmed down, his eyes widening at the ace's words. "You're... helping me get with Y/n-chan?"

"YES! THAT'S ALL I'VE BEEN DOING BEHIND YOUR BACK, OK!" Iwaizumi looked ready to strangle the setter.

A knock was heard on the door, before you cracked it open. "Sorry for just coming in like this, but I heard yelling. What's going on?"

Oikawa looks at you, eyes wide. "Y/n-chan."

Iwaizumi looks at you, quickly softening his gaze. "Shit. Sorry for worrying you, Y/n."

Yuki appeared behind you. "Everything alright?"

You had worry written all over your face. "Do you guys need help with something going on?"

Iwaizumi pushed Oikawa towards you. "Tell him why you and I are so close right now. Before I kill him."

You felt heat rush to your face. "So that's what this is about. Well, Toru, Iwa and I have just been - uh, well, um..."

Yuki cut in. "Iwa's been talking to her about you. He's worried about her and you getting close and wants to make sure everything is alright. He doesn't want you or Y/n to hate each other. he was just checking in."

You look at the floor, unable to look Oikawa in the eye. "Yeah, he's just trying to get me to understand you better."

Oikawa slowly walked over to you, cupping your face in his hand and making you look into his eyes. "I see. I'm sorry for arguing with Iwa-chan, and worrying you, Y/n-chan. If you want to understand me better, I'll tell you anything you want to know when we're together on Sunday."

You smile at the setter. "Ok. I'm holding you to that. Now, no more yelling at each other. We've all got practices to get to." You started walking out of the room.

Oikawa grabbed your hand. "Can we talk for a minute, Y/n-chan?"

You felt your heart start beating faster in your chest, you slowly turned back around to look at him. "Ok. What's up?"

He took a deep breath. "What is your exact relationship with Iwa-chan? How do you really feel about him?" Oikawa held a serious expression on his face.

You blink a few times, letting the question sink in. "He's my friend that's been helping me with stuff. That's all there is to it. If there were something else, I wouldn't have set him and Yuki up. If you're trying to get me to say I have romantic feelings for Iwa, that'll never happen. I don't like him that way. he's not my type." With that, you break out of Oikawa's grasp and walk to your gym, where you begin practice with your team.

Oikawa let out a breath of relief, watching as you walked away. "That's good. I still have a chance. Right, Iwa-chan?"

Iwaizumi let out a breath. "You have more than just a silly little chance, Oikawa. When will you realize it?"

Oikawa looked at him confused. "What do you mean by that?"

Iwaizumi looked away, eyes trained on the ground. "Don't worry about it. Let's get to practice."